Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: total fumbles lost 1.5
over 2 18.18%
under 9 81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2006, 04:35 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Kido Pham & etc., Luckbox esor Brainiacs? Poll included, Right forum?

I watched the rerun of the WSOP circuit event last night and I observed what I thought to be terrible calls and monster suckouts and it makes me wonder about tournament poker.

Is Kido just a luckbox that will fade away in the not too distant future or is there method to his madness, that I just don't get?

Not to pick on Kido, because I see it a lot, many players seem to come from behind on a regular basis also.

I realize that TV is edited so maybe there are hours and hours of excellent play that do not make the show and only the spectaculr suckouts and other dramatic moments make the show.

MODS, if this is the wrong forum, move me to the right one please.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Kido Pham & etc., Luckbox esor Brainiacs? Poll included, Right forum?

Kido Pham and etc? Who is etc?

Kido made two WPT final tables within the same 14 month or so period that he won the WSOPC event. That says enough in itself.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Kido Pham & etc., Luckbox esor Brainiacs? Poll included, Right for

His push with J10 was ridiculous though, although I am sure that does not sum up his game.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Kido Pham & etc., Luckbox esor Brainiacs? Poll included, Right forum?

I dont know which event it was but I saw one a few days back where Pham ending up playing another asian dude HU(yeah I know, narrows it down a lot).

I realize they edit these events and only show us viewers select hands. However, either he was flopping monsters or putting his money in behind. I thought about the same poll.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:48 PM

He hit 3 flush draws all in and beat hachems KK with JT

He probably shouldnt have won it, but he got lucky.

I guarantee right now hes probably at the craps tables in vegas thinking his luck will continue and slowly but surely blowing his 450K
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM

I vote luckboxes. Play enough tournaments and eventually you'll get lukcy and end up at a final table with a huge stack.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Kido luckboxed his way through what they showed on t.v.

I mean come one. There's a raise in front of you, you come over the top with j/10 off, Hachem comes back over the top and he's the only one who can knock you out of the tournament and you decide to push????

Poker Tarded
Old 08-07-2006, 07:12 PM

I voted for luckbox. There are always batches of players that get very hot in tournaments and people think that they are the second coming and then they fade away in a couple of years. Gus Hansen, Tuan Lee, Huck Seed, Layne Flack. These are all super aggressive players who make very unorthodox plays. Yes, they may seem awesome for a while but calling or going in w/ sub par hands on a consistent basis is going to catch up w/ you.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:46 AM

It's true he was a luckbox, but to win tournaments you have to have some luck. Kido Pham got great luck (made the nut straight with 75 after calling a raise, made someone fold AK because another player respected his play, got a flush on a flush draw, made JT into a set vs KK). But whatever, he played fine.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:24 AM

I think his whole little speach about how you "have to get lucky to win the tournament" says it all. He just gamb00led a lot (at least what they showed on TV) when it was getting close to the money and continued into the money trying in an effort to get lucky and give himself a chance to win.