Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 01:39 PM

Default KK hand in home game

From a home game I participate in sometimes. Blinds are 0.50/1.00, with a buy in of $100. 6 handed currently.

UTG open raises to all in (which was ~85). He's been doing this about once every two rounds or so for an hour or so. He's not very good, and possibly a little drunk and/or on tilt as he's lost 2 buy ins already. He's shown his hands a few times when he's done this and they've been hands like AT, 77, 99. My read being that they're simply hands he doesn't want to, or know how to play post-flop. He's actually not the important player, though.

MP folds, CO (~250) instacalls without even a count of UTG's chips. I've played with CO a lot. He's between tight and loose, and appropriately aggressive. Normally, his calling range of UTG's push, I think, would be TT+, AQ+. His instacall, however, has really convinced me it's QQ+ or AK, as I think he'd actually think about it and get a count of UTG's chips with TT, JJ, or AQ.

So then, to the question, I have KK on the button. What are your thoughts on what I should do here? I cover the CO's stack. I think he'd fold QQ & AK if I push over the top of him pre-flop. So what's a good line to take for this? Say we call, what do we do if an A or Q hits the board, and what if neither do?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:12 PM

Default Re: KK hand in home game

call and see a flop. I'm getting it all-in on a non-A, non-Q flop.