Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Eric Molina description?

[ QUOTE ]
The average chipstack is like 2 million and the average M is like 27 right?

These people shoving all in preflop on weak hands are out of their minds.

[/ QUOTE ]

and some people thought that all the terrible players were eliminated by the time they were down to 150
Old 08-07-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 5 thread

Sounds like they got tired of a massive chip leader who was using his stack to bleed everyone at the table, and had a moment of "I'm tired of this [censored], and can't take it anymore.. watch me push and back this SOB off"..

and ran into a real hand.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Eric Molina description?

[ QUOTE ]
And IIRC Technologic qualified for the ME on the Stars Second Chance super sat. He busted outta the 150 guaranteed, and lo and behold Stars decides to run another one. Several hours later, one Stars server freeze, some tense moments, and Techno is on his way. Congrats man, keep it up!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Minor point, but techno qualified the next weekend playing the last Stars $650.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just spoke w/ a couple of Gryko's buddy's. CP got the hand exactly correct. They said that Gold had been raising every single hand and this was the last hand before the break. He was going to push any two cards, looked down and saw J3o, and the rest is history. His buddies liked the logic, I still think that if he wanted to make a play at this pot, there were several better ways to go about it than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon. Shoving against a LAG with J3o is always a good idea!

Especially if he has raised UTG with an awful image.

And who cares about the payout structure and stuff? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a "he was actually raising EVERY SINGLE HAND" situation, or a "He was raising about 40% of the time" situation? I'm guessing the latter, but hey, climbing scale bubble and all, who knows. I;d STILL not have blindly pushed any 2.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like they got tired of a massive chip leader who was using his stack to bleed everyone at the table, and had a moment of "I'm tired of this [censored], and can't take it anymore.. watch me push and back this SOB off"..

and ran into a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bingo.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Annie\'s hand where she was crippled

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i dont think she would bet/fold this flop with KK or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how she could have any other hand besides KK. You're not going to put in half your stack unless you're trying to trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Players are putting in their whole stack with far less than KK.

Why do some of you think Annie Duke won't reraise with a marginal hand to take down a pot pre-flop? I think my read of TT-88, <66 is actually giving her more credit than may be due. She may have had T9s or 54s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Per Annie per Michael Craig's Journal:

[ QUOTE ]
I talked with her on the phone and she was, understandably, drained and upset. Her voice almost devoid of feeling, she told me, “It was what it was. I finished in the top one percent. I just couldn’t do anything to finish higher.”

She busted out at about 3:30 PM, though her pivotal hand was about two hours before. With 110 players left, she had about 650,000 in chips. Blinds were 6,000-12,000, with a 2,000 ante. Cheng Yu, with a big stack, raised to 50,000 under the gun. Annie reraised to 300,000, nearly half her stack. Yu called. The flop came Ac-J-d-7d. Yu immediately went all-in.

Annie threw away pocket kings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael Craig's Journal re: Annie

Notice the selective rendition of the hand. Annie bet $100,000 into a $700,000 pot, Yu push all-in.

NCAces

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Card Player got the action wrong and the huge hijack in this thread was all meaningless.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:15 AM

I can't believe nobody in this entire thread has bothered mentioning Allen Cunningham. Where the hell is CardPlayer at on him?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 AM

2 Things:

1. The J3o hand...if he's raising literally every hand, how hard is it to wait till you have QJs or something before making that play? At least give yourself a chance if he has something.

2. Is Rizen gonna FT this thing? Are you [carebear] kidding me?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Richard Gryko
$164,932

busto

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold raises to $100,000 under the gun, and action folds around to Richard Gryko on the button. Gryko moves all-in for $920,000 total. Gold calls and flips over AheartKclub. Gryko shows, Jdiamond3spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. And the difference between 45th and 50th is over $80 000.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, who cares about 80k? Second, to the person who said that there is no dead money in the pot, his 100 + 36 in blinds + 36 in antes represents 20pc of my stack. Third, he'd been open raising LITERALLY every pot, and the last hand before the break was a particularly obvious target. Fourth, I was short stacked, by my definition, and was only a 40/60 or so dog when I got called, which I wouldnt expect to be more than around one in six times.
I love how some people analyse hands in vacuums and then wait for their idols to pull the same stunts on tv and drool over how amazing they are. I thought that members of this forum were much less likely to indulge in this than others.
I played five days, lost a 2m pot on day four when we got all in on the turn and my opponent was a 2-1 dog, still managed to finish with 1m, was card dead on day five and still ran what was at one time less than 300k up to 1.7m on air, then lost a 1.8m chip pot coinflip and a 1.8m chip pot 3/2 shot to go out. Yeah, I must be a real donkey. "J3o looool".

Regards,
Richard
Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Richard Gryko
$164,932

busto

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Jamie Gold raises to $100,000 under the gun, and action folds around to Richard Gryko on the button. Gryko moves all-in for $920,000 total. Gold calls and flips over AheartKclub. Gryko shows, Jdiamond3spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. And the difference between 45th and 50th is over $80 000.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, who cares about 80k? Second, to the person who said that there is no dead money in the pot, his 100 + 36 in blinds + 36 in antes represents 20pc of my stack. Third, he'd been open raising LITERALLY every pot, and the last hand before the break was a particularly obvious target. Fourth, I was short stacked, by my definition, and was only a 40/60 or so dog when I got called, which I wouldnt expect to be more than around one in six times.
I love how some people analyse hands in vacuums and then wait for their idols to pull the same stunts on tv and drool over how amazing they are. I thought that members of this forum were much less likely to indulge in this than others.
I played five days, lost a 2m pot on day four when we got all in on the turn and my opponent was a 2-1 dog, still managed to finish with 1m, was card dead on day five and still ran what was at one time less than 300k up to 1.7m on air, then lost a 1.8m chip pot coinflip and a 1.8m chip pot 3/2 shot to go out. Yeah, I must be a real donkey. "J3o looool".

Regards,
Richard

[/ QUOTE ]

Point: You're right, 80k isn't much in the situation. Play mtt's to win.

Counterpoint: You could've waited for a slightly better spot than this.

Point: Your stack wasn't huge and definitely were below average.

Counterpoint: You still had over 30 big blinds and hours upon hours of play left.

Point: He had been raising a lot and been playing pretty wild.

Counterpoint: You didn't have to raise it allin. You could've very easily made it 300k and folded to a push. It would accomplish the same thing without nearly as much risk.