Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 02:41 AM

Default Re: $22 - Broke w/JJ, standard?

I would not be going broke here. Im with tfg I think you gotta dump this preflop and if not bet/fold this flop. People at the $22s suck but I dont really think you get 3bet light all the time.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:11 AM

Default Re: $22 - Broke w/JJ, standard?

[ QUOTE ]
Lead flop for sure.

The general assessment of a $22-player's CO reraising range is tough. Honestly though, I think it's probably that you are only ahead of AK and TT here... Does AQ/99 reraise that much?

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, I've seen this raise and cbet by ATo before in the $22s. If villain's range is TT+,AK+ (with equal weightings) I'm almost 50% against his range. I don't think we should weight TT the same as AA, but I do think we should give a small weighting to hands like AQ and AJ.

Regardless, the best I'll get is a flip against his range and if he has AQ, even if he's an idiot, he might not call my flop c/r so I'm not making as much as I'm losing to AA.

I remain unconvinced that leading the flop is good, because the aggro player who reraises pf w/AK often doesn't fold to my flop lead, and then I've spewed a bunch to a worse hand (yes, I realize that losing my whole stack is much worse). And I obviously don't have odds to call pf for set value alone, so folding pf must be right.

Thanks for helping me through this, all. I guess I'm working through how ridiculous the difference is between QQ and JJ.