Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How much per point will the Party Point be worth once the new store opens?
.8c 50 55.56%
.9c 0 0%
1c 20 22.22%
1.1c 1 1.11%
1.2c 1 1.11%
1.3c 2 2.22%
1.4c 2 2.22%
1.5c 1 1.11%
1.6c (star ffps) 7 7.78%
1.7c 1 1.11%
1.8c 0 0%
1.9c 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Shoe shopping poll - TT, shant, Tron, and other shoe experts pls h

[ QUOTE ]
met,

Chicks definitely notice what shoes guys wear. It is one of the first things they check out. This holds especially true for hot, stuck up, bitchy, snotty, annoying, braindead chicks.

Do you by chance play the card game Magic?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

El D, let's be honest you do not have time to go out with your dedication to this message board.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A shirt is completely different than a pair of shoes. People do not care what type of shoes are on your feet. No one is walking around and looking on the ground to check out shoes. I have never had a friend make a comment about how fashionable my shoes are. If someone got new shoes (i.e. the Jordans, Carmelos, Lebrons), then someone might say "Oh you got the Jordans, sweet." It ends at that point.

A shirt is something that everyone looks at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true in Toledo, but it's certainly not true in New York, LA, and San Francisco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed from Los Angeles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop fronting. You're from Denver.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:22 AM

Look dude, if you want to be anti-fashion that's fine. There are plenty of people, women and men, who don't give a crap what you wear and in fact are MORE willing to be friendly to you and meet you if you are deliberately going against what may be seen as fashionable--punks, goths, subculture x, whatever. Shop at the thrift store and wear your granpa's Rockports--good on ya!

But: Don't try to pretend that A. You're not making fashion choices. B. Being truly fashionable isn't as much a complex and unique identity as being anti- and C. That you are in fact a more awesome fashion guy because you don't care what you put on your feet. Finally, you appear to be in a thread called: "Shoe Shopping"...perhaps you got lost on the way to a thread about shopping for the best And1 T-shirts? Good luck.

ALL:...I'm definitely getting some of them Tigers. I was always sceptical about Ascics but I think I'm ready to forgive them for the gels now.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A shirt is completely different than a pair of shoes. People do not care what type of shoes are on your feet. No one is walking around and looking on the ground to check out shoes. I have never had a friend make a comment about how fashionable my shoes are. If someone got new shoes (i.e. the Jordans, Carmelos, Lebrons), then someone might say "Oh you got the Jordans, sweet." It ends at that point.

A shirt is something that everyone looks at.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true in Toledo, but it's certainly not true in New York, LA, and San Francisco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed from Los Angeles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop fronting. You're from Denver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only for 10 more days.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:26 AM

El D. other experts,

shoes are important, very. everyone knows this, who knows anything. i think plenty of good choices and ideas have been made in this thread, but here is my two cents.

any thoughts on having a "brand" that is only what you rock.

i was a long time adidas guy and recently switched to nike for all my athletic apparel and shoes. the switch came about when nike started having more colors and vintage styles available.

i like doing this because it seems like you can not only condense your shopping experience, but fit isn't an issue as much within one brand. plus i like having a signature style.

i wanted to originally "go" puma, but i think i like their stuff then can never find anything that i actually want to purchase.

besides matching up too many styles seems disorienting and sloppy. am i on my own on this one?

cheers. J.

btw the way the tigers are f'n sweet and i want some in gold stripes, but that would ruin my thing........lol.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:34 AM

I don't think fashion is complicated for guys. I made my point and I will leave you to discuss your shoes.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:59 AM

I need to buy some new shoes too. I'm looking for a pair that I can use for running and regular wandering around etc. Any suggestions about sweet looking running shoes?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:20 AM

I asked my 6 year old niece about the Diablo shoe options:

OP:

1. I don't really like them.
2. This looks girly, since girls like white.
3. That looks better.
4. That one is like... dark.
me: "Do you like it, though?"
No.
5. That looks gay.
6. That looks like a girly shoe.
7. In my opinion, boy's don't look good in boots. I just like girl boots, like the furry ones.

The boot post:

Boot New York: A little more guyish.
Bruno Magli 1: I don't like the high heel on the boot. Too girly.
Bruno Magli 2: These ones are good.
DSquared: Gay.
A Testoni: Gross.

There you go!

~D
Old 08-07-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to buy some new shoes too. I'm looking for a pair that I can use for running and regular wandering around etc. Any suggestions about sweet looking running shoes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Asics Kayano or a good Mizuno shoe - best serious running shoes on the market atm IMO, plus you can get the Asics in a few colours, all of which look decent enough to use them to walk around anywhere.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:28 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

what the [censored] is with everyone telling him to buy new balances? weird. calibration question #2?

rj