Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 04:35 AM

Default It\'s roadtrip time, Seattle to LA

Any recommended stops along the way? Some road trip necessities? Only time i've been in a car this long i was really young and didn't have to drive, now I have to. We're thinking about camping in a state park somewhere to rest during the drive. Anyway it's happening in about 3 weeks, so any advice would be great.

thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:40 AM

Default Re: It\'s roadtrip time, Seattle to LA

That's not that far of a trip, is it? Anyways, the A to your Q depends largely on how long the trips gonna be. I love the Cali coast though... if you just wing it and stop at all the tight little towns and attractions you see along the way, that alone will make for one helluva trip.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 AM

sorry, bout 8 days vacation. i suppose it's not that long, true, but 18 hrs driving each way constitutes as awhile longer than casual.

Anyone got suggestions of [censored] to do in Cali? we're visiting a friend going to USC who lives in Tuscany hall, so we got lodging covered. One friend's dad suggested hitting golf balls into the ocean off the cliffs, which sounds pretty sweet.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:01 AM

I would highly recommend taking Highway 1 from San Francisco south to Morro Bay in Cali. It's one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Fairly slow and windy but you guys are in for a hell of a drive anyway. There are really cool campgrounds in Big Sur as well.

So get yourselves to San Fran in the morning and hang out there for the day. Take the 1 south from there until you hit Big Sur and camp there for the night. Next morning south for about 4 more hours. Once you hit Morro Bay, cut into San Luis Obispo. Then take the 101 down to Santa Barbara where you guys can get some partying in if you are so inclined. Then it's the 101 down to the 405 S and you are in LA.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:38 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-07-2006, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would highly recommend taking Highway 1 from San Francisco south to Morro Bay in Cali. It's one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Fairly slow and windy but you guys are in for a hell of a drive anyway. There are really cool campgrounds in Big Sur as well.

So get yourselves to San Fran in the morning and hang out there for the day. Take the 1 south from there until you hit Big Sur and camp there for the night. Next morning south for about 4 more hours. Once you hit Morro Bay, cut into San Luis Obispo. Then take the 101 down to Santa Barbara where you guys can get some partying in if you are so inclined. Then it's the 101 down to the 405 S and you are in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is good advice. this will make the drive longer, but the Big Sur area is some of the best scenery there is.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hearst Castle sounds like some gay crap you might be into. Also, the Castro in San Francisco sounds right up your alley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you enjoy being able to post in these forums?
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 AM

Having done this drive six times or so, I'd say if you take Interstate-5 you may as well just put your head down and get it over with as fast as possible.