Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Hand had my brow furled on flop and turn

No reads. Preflop with double suited aces I wanted to a)buy the button, b)build a pot that could have me drawing at some str8+nutflush combos or something else nice or c)maybe take it outright on a raggy flop.

Button thought for a real long time before calling the flop checkraise.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $86.05
UTG+1: $40.50
MP1: $40.60
MP2: $51.25
MP3: $48.25
Hero: $100.05
Button: $166.05
SB: $34
BB: $31.20

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls, SB calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 4 players)
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $30</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($108, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $108)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $66.05</font>.
Uncalled bets: $66.05 returned to Hero.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($108, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $108)

Results:
Final pot: $108
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Hand had my brow furled on flop and turn

This is one of those ugly situations where headsup you just grit your teeth and call shorty even though you are probably behind, but made uglier when a 3rd wheel comes along. He may only be drawing, or have you in a bad spot with top 2 or a set being played slow. Hard to know. However once he called behind your flop bet, he is for sure calling another $15 when shorty pushed allin. So if you are going to call shorty, then since his raise was the size of your bet, you should have been able to reraise and try to isolate him. Of course you might just be doing that into a better hand behind you. So I would view shorty's checkraise as a raise or fold situation since I wouldn't know whether any card helped or not the 3rd player on the turn. If you are going to push the turn then you might as well just get it in on the flop. You probably needed an ace or backdoor club flush to come.