Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 03:20 PM

Default Aces up multiway

Brand new to table. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

With one limper in front I usually call w/ Axs in MP.

Flop: (8 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I figure I have at least 5 outs - 1 for BDFD, 2 for trips, and about 2 to 2pair after a discount - so I call getting 11 to 1.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I contemplated a raise here and want feedback as to what you would have done. The problem I saw (and the reason I called) was that if I get 3-bet by PFR I'm almost certainly behind and drawing to 4, maybe 2 outs, plus I lose the overlay from the BB an UTG because they're probably not calling 2 more bets w/ any hand I beat. If I just call and PFR would have also just called, I lose probably 3 BB worth of value. Maybe I should do a more complete mathematical analysis?

River: (10 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

The plan here was to b/f - seemed standard after it checked around to me.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Aces up multiway

*grunch*

I think the call in MP1 after one limper is loose, I usually fold here.

On the flop you're getting 11-1 so the peel seems perfectly reasonable.

On the turn I think you should raise to see how much everyone likes their hand. If SB or anyone else three bets you can probably call, then fold the river if you don't improve.

The river seems pretty standard.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:40 PM

MP1 call is fine if you expect atleast 1 more limper after you.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:55 PM

pre-flop is fine. Flop is fine.

You should raise the turn. You're behind AA, QQ and AQ, but ahead of damn near everything else that most folks PFR with. If he re-raises, call down. Do not fold as it will be around 15:1 on the river- easily enough for a crying call.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:28 PM

Grunch

Preflop - looks good

Flop - looks good

Turn - raise. pump that pot up.

River - looks good
Old 08-06-2006, 04:51 PM

Yep, gotta raise. And Party .5/1 is loose enough to limp a suited ace.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:53 PM

i think you see the answer based on the river alone, push your edge on the turn, they already put their money in make them put in more or fold
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 PM

Call preflop.
Flop I may or may not old the turn, if I
Definately raise the turn for information, value, protection, whatever.
Raising the river.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem I saw (and the reason I called) was that if I get 3-bet by PFR I'm almost certainly behind and drawing to 4, maybe 2 outs, plus I lose the overlay from the BB an UTG because they're probably not calling 2 more bets w/ any hand I beat. If I just call and PFR would have also just called, I lose probably 3 BB worth of value. Maybe I should do a more complete mathematical analysis?

[/ QUOTE ]

U should raise here beecause u very often have the best hand, i think. U probably gain 3-bets more on the turn round. No reason to think u are beat yet. If 3-bet call down.

B/f this river is not so good IMO. A CR-line here by any opp is very strange. Anyone with a strong hand must bet, since after the aggro player has slowed down there is no reason to think anyone else will bet. bet/call
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM

*grunch*

being new to the table I wouldn't limp with Axs in middle position myself. I would fold 75% of the time and raise 25% of the time.

Ok you called.

This hand is looking for two flops usually, a wheel or a flush draw. Aces are generally trouble and a 3 is a losing pair to play with.

You need runner runner for the flush, runner runner for the straight. You get some equity with the 3 though not much. If an ace comes I have to worry about ace queen in a pot raised preflop.

You are forced into a tough decision on the flop because of a bad call preflop. This is typically how people lose money. Again I would fold this 75% of the time and raise it 25% of the time. I definitely don't want to play this hand 4 way.

The turn comes and you get a very good card. You have two pair and likely are ahead. You definitely have more than 25% equity now. Now is the time to take charge and see what the SB has. Reraise and hope you get a call and two folds.

If you get a 3 bet return now I just call it down otherwise I bet the river.