Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 AM

Default 5/10 - KK facing agg from BB...raggy paired board

Villian is 21/6/3.6 over 75 hands. Seems to play terrible preflop but not bad postflop although obviously pretty aggressive. A few hands ago I took a decent pot off of him with 92s while defending my BB...for some reason not in my DB or else I'd post it.

Ultimate Bet 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

So far so good.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

3 bet from the BB when the 6 pairs...I don't like it.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero...?

Well that's a terrible river card...
Old 08-06-2006, 01:00 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - KK facing agg from BB...raggy paired board

Yes, crappy river card, but I'd still call, getting 11.5 to 1. There's enough of a chance that he wierdly played QQ or has an 8 or something stupid. I think you played the hand fine.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:04 AM

Call. Dude plays 21% of his hands PF and plays terrible PF??
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 AM

I think I just call at the turn.

If BB is bluffing, or trying to value bet a worse hand, let him keep doing it.

If he has a 6, calling down loses the least.

And I don't think I really need to raise to protect against SB - any good draw (OESD) will have odds+implied odds to call the raise anyway, and any weak draw is already not getting enough odds to call.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Idk, I like facing the SB with 7.5:2. I would want to increase my chances of winning the pot.

Also, I think villain would c/r the turn most of the time if he hit trip sixes, so I wouldn't believe his turn donk for a second. I think the raise is good for protection against the SB as well as for value since I would believe KK is still the best.

It sucks that hero got 3bet when he raised the turn, but that doesn't mean the turn shouldn't be raised in the first place, IMO.

Haupt_234
Old 08-06-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Idk, I like facing the SB with 7.5:2. I would want to increase my chances of winning the pot.

Also, I think villain would c/r the turn most of the time if he hit trip sixes, so I wouldn' believe his turn donk for a second. I think the raise is good for protection against the SB as well as for value since I would believe KK is still the best.

It sucks that hero got 3bet when he raised the turn, but that doesn't mean the turn shouldn't be raised in the first place, IMO.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - I'm raising this turn everytime.

I posted this to see if I played the hand too conservatively, but it sounds like none of you woulda capped the turn or raised the river.

I felt pretty dumb when villian turned over 95s but I guess there was no way for me to know that he didn't have a 6 on the turn.

Still though, I had KK agaisnt an aggro opp - why not cap the turn?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:16 PM

You played it perfect. If you want to be results orientated, he would never bet the river if you capped the turn or called a river raise, so you got the max out of him.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played it perfect. If you want to be results orientated, he would never bet the river if you capped the turn or called a river raise, so you got the max out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're right. I just can't remember the last time I capped the turn w/out the nuts or close to it, and I know I'm missing out on some value.

This hand might not be the best example...except if villian c/f the river I'd lose 1 bet. Either way on this board the way the action went calling the 3-bet was probably the right play regardless of the outcome.