Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Who Do You Fear on Party?

I haven't played with dolphin5 enough to tell.. gamgunlam is too loose and too aggressive.. He always re-raises my big pair with a smaller one. There are certainly times when re-raising a higher card is correct, but those times never involved me.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2005, 02:49 AM

How on earth did this old thread get brought back up again?

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody else think dolphin5 plays really well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dolphin5 plays extremely well and I always try to avoid him when I play stud. Luckily though he seems to play during the day. Not that I'm playing much stud nowadays anyway (mostly all hold'em). I'm almost positive dolphin5 used to be "hurricane", if anyone ever remembers that old party screen name. Hurricane was also a 10-20 "day" regular that played very well like dolphin5. But the main thing that gives it away is that fact that they both whine soooo much at the table. Dolphin5 has to be up big time overall, yet he still constantly moans in the chat box to anyone that will listen about his bad beats.

Mike Emery
Old 11-03-2005, 07:39 PM

In the 20/40 game, Riyun and Tripped both play well.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the 3-6, 5-10 limits, I think ADent and Blitzkrieg are very solid. I believe they are both the same person. There is also this kid named HenryKwak that seems to play alittle more loose than the other regulars but always seems to win. That is at least when i'm playing. He doesn't multi-table and plays one game.
Does anyone have any stats and information on NemoMinnow?

I also believe PlaywellJML is a fish too. My favorite fish of ALL TIME on party stud has to be Nappori and Ming.
Comments and questions? Who's your favorite fishes. I have more, but forgot their names. I will reply w/ more after I am reminded of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Henrykwak has to be the most improved player on party. Not so long ago he was a fish equivalent to Playwell, my atf. I lost a couple of big hands to Henry until i realized my notes were obsolete.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this post is out of bounds, if you think it is, just say so... I will give a short list of some players that I consider to be very good.

LittleMoon
IronChef
ClarkLewis
YellowRiver
FrappeBoy
McNabbtoTO
PlaywellJMal

Add to the list if you like. These are some obvious ones i think. Do you disagree with any on the list? Do you disagree with even having a list?

I know on other board they decided it wasn't a good idea to talk about fish, and there are too many players to talk about sharks, but since the stud community is fairly small, you run into the same players often enough to learn a decent bit about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have mentioned during the first posting Percy is an extremely tough and experienced stud player. I ve played him at Foxwoods in the 40 80 games. He does have trouble folding sometimes, he is not strong when short-handed, does not play any other form of poker very well.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Henrykwak has to be the most improved player on party. Not so long ago he was a fish equivalent to Playwell, my atf. I lost a couple of big hands to Henry until i realized my notes were obsolete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with henry recently, and all I saw was him piss through chips. For the most part, its not the hands you lose to someone, its the hands they lose to you... What did they play on 3rd?? Did they hit a lucky gutshot?? Were they chasing your obvious big pair with some crap pair with a crap kicker. I really don't know much about henry, but when the edge in a game is fairly small, we can't afford to tilt away 7 or 8 bets in a session just cause things don't go our way. I consistently see him turn over crap hands like AJ8 rainbow. There's a reason why top players Roland, Vintage_Sara, Frappeboy, MikeEmery, and lstream all play so tight.... Its cause its the right way to play. HenryKwak's been playing on party for a long time, why hasn't he moved up?

Beer
Old 11-07-2005, 10:08 AM

Default 7/8 players

So who are the stud/8 players that I should be looking out for (10/20 Party game)? I've played a few sessions, but it takes longer to identify someone as good vice bad. (At the risk of inviting the sharks into a pond I'm liking, there are some incredibly bad players in this game, so I don't see not playing in it if the wait is not too long and my bankroll can sustain losing a buy in or two).
Old 08-05-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: 7/8 players

Although grumpy at times, AndyBealBank is a great stud/8 player.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:34 PM

Interesting point how players can't change gears. That was in your last paragraph.

I have not played at any of these limits for a while so I can't really comment. I do watch these games though.

As far as 3/6 Stud on Party goes, I am surprised to see certain players left out. I can name about three that are really good but maybe you all left them out for a reason.

Lion
Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 PM

Interesting.