Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 03:33 PM

Default Ok, so I played this terribly...

As can be found in this thread , I played this hand very bad. Seeing as in BBV people either hate you or love you, I was hoping for some comments on my entire play. Shouldve folded preflop, but I misclicked, wanted to press the "wait for BB" button. Thanks.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($25)
CO ($19.65)
Button ($23.65)
SB ($12.37)
BB ($21.25)
UTG ($46.44)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1.2</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($3.65) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, CO calls $3.

River: ($15.65) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls $5.80.

Final Pot: $31.65

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ts 8d (four of a kind, tens).
CO has Kc 3c (full house, tens full of threes).
Outcome: Hero wins $31.65. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-05-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Ok, so I played this terribly...

Nice hand.

But uh with big hands like this that are so few and far between, its not something to sweat over if you dont get the must of the villians money.

I would like a little bit larger of a raise on the river however though after he leads into you again.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM

I really hate the river check/raise. If he has a full house here he is calling an $8 bet (or more) if you just bet out here. You don't get credit for quads in small stakes games like these, so abuse that. This eliminates the chance of him checking behind as well. If you bet and he folds, he mostly likely doesn't have a full house, meaning that he wouldn't have bet after you checked on the river anyway.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:50 PM

I don't mind the C/R on the end too much. He's been betting out with anything he'd call a big bet with to begin with, so I figure it works out either way.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the C/R on the end too much. He's been betting out with anything he'd call a big bet with to begin with, so I figure it works out either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Villian in this hand is obviously retarded. I don't know how he could think his 3 was good after being c/r'ed on the turn. So unless you have a specific read on him for being so retarded, I'd say you got lucky that he bet out again on the river. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I can't see even the average bad player betting on this river again.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:16 PM

I just bet out. I pot the flop, pot the turn, 1/2 pot the river if you think he might call, otherwise check to induce bluff.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:50 PM

Why are we checking so much in this hand?

I don't mind the check on the flop if it's followed by a raise, not a call. Leading out on the flop would be my first option.

checking the turn is ONLY keeping the pot small, why would you want to do this with the nuts?

if your goal is to make as little as possible go ahead and check the river too.

This is what happens when you are too afraid to bet because you don't want Villian to fold, it's not like he's going to push all in on a bluff, he's not going to build the pot for you, you're going to have to do it yourself, just like anything else that you want done right, do it yourself!
Old 08-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Open Push river. See zeebo theorem.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:23 PM

Like they said in BBV, you played this bad

1) Don't post results
2) lead flop
3) lead turn
4) PLEASE PLEASE never minraise....C/R turn big
5) river is terrible! I mean really bad. Why the hell did you c/r it? ESPECIALLY after c/mr the turn!!! If I was playing the hand, I would open push river. Seeing how you didn't, at least C/R AI
Old 08-05-2006, 05:49 PM

Bet out pot river