Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Hey Humberto, nice slowroll

i don't think humberto understands what a slowroll is. it's not like his english is all that great.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:59 AM

Pretty sad if true. Definetely don't need this in the game. Hopefully the networks aren't encouraging this stuff for ratings.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sad if true. Definetely don't need this in the game. Hopefully the networks aren't encouraging this stuff for ratings.

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, this is the stuff the networks' wet dreams are made of.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:52 AM

He must have called the cameras over at least ten times yesterday. It was gross, and the guy next to me was constantly calling him a douche.

I hope he does this crap with me someday, because when the cameras get there I will be sure to explain to them why this man is an assclown.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:27 PM

pretty freakin cheesy.

good god getting cracked would have been hillarious.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:34 PM

heeheh, sounds like I might have made a "bad read" on Humberto from reading the rest of this thread. I do recall the first time I saw him on TV when he was winning some event and he was constantly singing loudly with his headphones on, which seemed pretty annoying to me. What changed my impression of him was while watching the main event in person two years ago, Humberto was just standing by himself outside the rail along with everyone else watching (he had been knocked out earlier), and it just struck me as something you probably wouldn't see many other "poker pros" doing - it just seemed like he loved the event. So that gave me a favorable impression of him.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

I'm the calmest guy ever at the poker table. I think in this situation I very well might completely lose it and punch him in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well physical violence is a bad idea, hate to get busted out of the WSOP and get arrested as well.

However, it would have been awesome if the other guy had grabbed the shark chip protector thrown it on the floor and stomped it into pieces.

If he kept calling the cameras over, I think I would've called clock on him every single time he started looking around for them,whether I was in a hand or not.

--Zetack
Old 08-05-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, it would have been awesome if the other guy had grabbed the shark chip protector thrown it on the floor and stomped it into pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it would have been awesome if the QQ sucked out on Humberto's AA.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:19 PM

STOP THE PRESS !!! Players play to cameras and cameras follow. Networks concerned about entertainment!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If true, this is horrid:

Humberto Brenes opponent goes all-in, and Humberto calls over the ESPN cameras before he acts on his hand. Brenes is using a mini shark-head as his card protector and pushes it over to his opponent's chip stack making a chomping noise. He says, "Humberto calls" and shows AheartAdiamond, his opponent holds QclubQheart. The flop comes Jspade6heart5diamond, keeping Brenes in the lead. The turn is the 5heart and the river brings the Kdiamond. The Aces hold up and Brenes eliminates another opponent. After the hand is over, Brenes looks at the ESPN camera guy and asks, "Do you know how to say shark in spanish?". The camera man says no and Brenes responds with, "Huuuuuuuuuumberrrrrrrrrtooooooooooo." Brenes now has $240,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my reaction (were I the one who lost that) would be to say something along the lines of "that's funny, it's also Albanian for C**ksucker"