Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Party 0.50/1.00 - Isolation raise

I think our equity against their ranges is going to be much better on the turn (even if they both call) than it will be on a blank river. If I'm going to be calling a bet on a blank river, I'd much rather bet now when things are better for us (leaving the option of betting the river when improved) than on the river UI. If we bet now and then get donked on a blank river, or c/r'd and then bet at on the river, we have a super easy fold.

This hand is actuallly very very similar to the one I analyzed in my 10k post. With two players, though, we should be more inclined to check, as we're much more likely to be behind. In my post, we were about 50% to be ahead. If that's true for each opponent here, then we're only 25% to be ahead, AND we're less likely to fold the a better hand. I think this is probably a check against most players. I brought up this point in part to ask if OP was calling a bet on the river, and because my 10k post was awesome.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:10 PM

I like it. As others have stated, you could bet the turn as well. You do have something going for you by checking the turn. If first player bets on the river and there's an overcall and you haven't improved you can muck it.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:40 PM

Mr. Wookie,

I don't think I could call a bet UI on the river based on the player's I'm up against. MP3 seems passive enough that he wouldn't take a stab at a pot after it checked through the turn w/o at least any pair (more often than not TP I think). BB was an unknown to me at this stage in the session. I don't think I could confidently put myself beyond his PF calling range much less his river betting range often enough to call w/ A8 UI.

Edit: I want to add that I checked the turn mostly b/c I thought my chances of taking down the pot with a bet were close to nil. Counting the outs makes this a slim value bet if both players call, however if one folds and one calls its -EV, especially since my LP read on MP3 indicates he will call a river bet with any pair (but probably not with a hand A8 beats).
Old 08-04-2006, 06:39 PM

Bet that turn.