Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: QQ with no overcards

[ QUOTE ]
drawbacks being that when the scarecard hits its trickier because hero has reliquished the lead its harder and its less obvious as to whether hero is beat.BB could have AJ here for example and assumes hero has overs...

if hero 3 bets flop and then its bet and or raised back to hero on a scare card its easier to believe that villian as hit the turn.

if hero is capped on the flop and villians bet the turn it would seem they dont care what hero has

agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I aggree.
As far as the waiting for the turn line... I don't think this is great because the scare card is not as terrible since we hold the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Without a diamond I think waiting has benefits.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for the purposes of generating discussion, I speculate that OP might have just called the flop raise with with intent of waiting for a safe turn card before picking up his raise rock. This however has its drawbacks when are evident in the hand as played

what do ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line sounds money and I would also consider the turn a pretty safe, value bettable card that I don't understand why we didnt raise.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for the purposes of generating discussion, I speculate that OP might have just called the flop raise with with intent of waiting for a safe turn card before picking up his raise rock. This however has its drawbacks when are evident in the hand as played

what do ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this line sounds money and I would also consider the turn a pretty safe, value bettable card that I don't understand why we didnt raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this. If MP2 was on a draw on the flop (and he's either drawing or he's a donkey) then this card completed his straight draw, flush draw, or his draw to two pair if he's playing connectors. This looks like a pretty bad card for us. MUBS?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:22 PM

AK-

I don't think his flop checkraise is very indicative of a draw. I expect something like KJ here a lot.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK-

I don't think his flop checkraise is very indicative of a draw. I expect something like KJ here a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buck-

MP2 called two cold after the checkraise, which is why I put him on a draw (or donkey ears). Agreed that BB (who checkraised) has a hand like KJ.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 PM

AK-

Then MP2 peeled behind on the turn.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Buck: Donkey ears (or slowplay) it is. You're right that his action makes the turn much less scary. NH.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:47 PM

Thanks everyone.

I didn't even consider 3-betting the flop at the time. I assumed I had the best hand at the time. But I guess my reason for just calling was flawed.

AussieBattler was mostly right that I was waiting for a safe turn card. Also, I figured that by 3-betting the turn, everyone was getting good odds on their draws anyways. I'm assuming someone had a draw. The plan was to hope for a good turn, then come out raising.

But now I see putting in another raise with the (probable) best hand was the best way to go. Thanks!