Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Yet Again Stars Shows It\'s Superiority

Yeah Stars really care for the players, that's why their interface hasn't changed since 1990 and that they have no bonuses or rakeback.

Party has a great interface, and they know how to get fish to the site, but other than that, meh.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:26 AM

I really don't care either way, just illustrating how party got all the players. I do find it funny how most of you guys want everything for free... where's my bonus? Where’s my rakeback? Where’s my vip store? The best are the guys who say, "unless wpex stores local HH, 6-max and 8 tables they're not getting any of my business." Yeah, some nit (with a 0% chance of betting sports) is going elsewhere; that will show 'em.

It's like this: if you like party and their bonuses offers yada, yada, yada, then play there and deal with the [censored] customer support; if you want excellent support, but [censored] bonuses yada, yada, yada, then play at stars. You guys want every goddamn thing to be perfect.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:51 AM

Lol. Off course we want better things. I love the game selection, game speed and unmentionable at party. I still would love Party to improve their buggy and resource hogging client. There is nothing unreasonable about that. Party make millions each year, hoping they would spent a tiny amount on developing a stable and bugfree client really isn't that much to ask.

It's not about wanting everything for free.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:03 AM

I was playing 2/4 and Lee Jones joined my table and chatted for an hour. He seemed cool and really nice. He was asking for suggestions to improve the site. Is he one of the main owners of the site?
Old 08-03-2006, 02:07 PM

I agree.

The only two sites I have cash on are Stars and Paradise. I will probably try WPEX if they ever get short table cash games going.

Doc
Old 08-03-2006, 03:20 PM

Party focuses on the short-term, Stars on the long.

Stars is growing faster than Party (is Party even growing at all?), and they'll eventually catch up, and then suprass them.

Cutting out the affiliates, for example, is long-term thinking, which is why Stars does it the way it does.

Affiliates are great for creating quick cash-free customers. They suck, on the other hand, when it comes to creating a debilitating, long-term drain on your cash.