Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2006, 05:44 PM

Default 2/5 NL at Caesars Palace in LV

I am generally a limit player but I have been playing more no limit live lately. This hand was in the 2/5 NL at Caesars Palace (LV).
Hero stack size about $950
Button stack about $600
Hero is UTG+1 With A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds
Hero Raises to $20
Folded to CO who calls $20
Button Calls $20
Both Blinds come along also
Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $50, CO folds, Button Raises to $100, SB Folds, BB Calls, Hero Calls.
Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB checks, Hero checks, Button Checks
River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB Checks, Hero checks, Button Bets $75, BB folds, Hero Calls.
Final Pot $425

I think I played this hand horribly. Like I said I am just getting into NL and am trying to learn a thing or two from all of you. Thanks guys.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL at Caesars Palace in LV

I think you payed it fine up until the river. I dont mind the check on the river, but he needs to be check raised.

He doesnt have a boat or he wouldve bet the turn and surely wouldve bet more on the river.

He probably has KQ with the Qs and he'll call a moderate raise.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:39 PM

I don't think that you played this hand too badly. The only real problem is that you left money on the table with just calling on the river. He would have paid off a raise. It's really unlikely that he has a boat, given the betting in the hand.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He would have paid off a raise

[/ QUOTE ]
Doubt it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:42 AM

To let you guys know... The villian in this actually saved me money. He boated up on the river. He played this hand terribily. He had 10 10 and floped a set. Thanks for the imput. One last question though. Does anyone ever push all in when Villian raises the flop?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One last question though. Does anyone ever push all in when Villian raises the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't recomend it. Given the stack sizes and the fact that opened in EP, your all in bet would likely be viewed as A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Ko or A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Ao. Sure you could probably get a pair of kings to fold, but i doubt any hand better than that is folding.

I think if you wanted to represent the flush you should checkraise the flop, and push on the turn if you got called, but it's dicey.