FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 1 - Four vs. Thirteen
Back to the Future 154 81.48%
Westworld 35 18.52%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Avatar Garage

[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread will rule, and I would like to be chosen for an avatar makeover. Do it, Stuey!

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried but I could not come up with a cool idea and the colors I used on the second one are kind of gay. Maybe one of these will give you an idea of something else you might like. I can try again another day.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, this is an Avatar Garage Challenge.

If you think you can do it, I need an animated avatar of Clint Eastwood from Fistful of Dollars, throwing his blanket/poncho over his shoulder to reveal his gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the itube video that Dynasty found. Thanks for digging that up for me. But the problem is that it is streaming video and in flash format so it does not convert well for me. I see the one DukeSucks made came out much clearer and smoother maybe he can clue me in as to how best to capture and convert this type of file. I'm not happy with my attempt.

If you have stills send them to me maybe I can do better. This one has a weird pause at the end and it never really shows his gun it cuts away to a shot of the guys laughing right after the last frame I have here. Cool idea for a avatar but I don't think I got what you wanted.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yo stuey,

is this where I would request some new photoshopped pics as well?

anyway we could do jercutos of borg?

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor reminds me of john luke. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2006, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in

How do you make an avatar that rotates images?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hiya Snarf,

I use imageready7 for almost everything I do. There are lots of programs that work just as well and many are free. You can get a free 30 day trial of imageready7 also. It is easy to make animated gifs just get 2 pics size them the same and put a pause between the frames and you are set. I plan on making some more detailed tutorials at some point but for now here are a few old posts I made about avatars.

how to setup a avatar on 2+2

Methods of making avatars
Old 08-03-2006, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see the one DukeSucks made came out much clearer and smoother maybe he can clue me in as to how best to capture and convert this type of file.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuey,
I just used a screen recorder to capture the part of the video he wanted, then used another program to convert that into frames. From there I just imported into ImageReady and tweaked it.
I think it is basically what you do, but if you think I use different programs, I can let you know which ones.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM

<--------

Stuey- What can you possibly do to make this kitty better???? Maybe have the ORLY Owl pop out of the corner.... I leave it up to you.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:13 AM

I like the cat, improvements welcome.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, this is an Avatar Garage Challenge.

If you think you can do it, I need an animated avatar of Clint Eastwood from Fistful of Dollars, throwing his blanket/poncho over his shoulder to reveal his gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the itube video that Dynasty found. Thanks for digging that up for me. But the problem is that it is streaming video and in flash format so it does not convert well for me. I see the one DukeSucks made came out much clearer and smoother maybe he can clue me in as to how best to capture and convert this type of file. I'm not happy with my attempt.

If you have stills send them to me maybe I can do better. This one has a weird pause at the end and it never really shows his gun it cuts away to a shot of the guys laughing right after the last frame I have here. Cool idea for a avatar but I don't think I got what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is any better or not. It may not be any better since I used the same video Stuey did. It might need to be lightened up too.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:49 AM

Wow, Stuey was hard at work last night. Thanks for the new av, bro! Duke, that dancing chick avatar you made was sweet too. Avatar Garage is an awesome idea.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:26 AM

I want in!!

Can I get an Ace Ventura one? Preferably when he is "white devil. That would be awesome.