Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 01:21 AM

Default 5 Card DRAW at PokerRoom.com

For those of you familiar with fixed limit draw at paradisepoker and PokerRoom, at what betting level are players at fixed limit draw at PokerRoom equivalent in skill to the players at 1/2 draw on paradise?

The reason I ask is because let us say you win 3 x the BB at paradise, which at 1/2 draw equates to $6. Now, suppose also that you can get the same skill level at pokerroom at the 3/6 table. You will thus face players no harder to beat and yet make $18 per hour, instead of $6.

From what I have seen there is a marked difference in skill level at both sites. At 1/2 in pokerroom they play as if it were play money.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 5 Card DRAW at PokerRoom.com

The rake at pokerroom is much higher.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At any limit in pokerroom they play as if it were play money.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Seriously though, the few 'good' players at PR don't stick to one level. I see the same players at 2/4 all the way to 10/20. That being said, I've only rarely had a table where all 5 players were good. The 5/10 regulars are usually pretty solid and start playing tricky. You can beat 3/6 just by being a weisenberger.

If you see a difference between paradise and pokerroom, my guess is that your sample size isn't large enough to truly tell a difference. Probably your perception based on what tables you happen to be at.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I have seen there is a marked difference in skill level at both sites. At 1/2 in pokerroom they play as if it were play money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't been playing at Paradise very much.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't been playing at Paradise very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players at 1/2 draw on paradise generally do not play as if it were play money. Go to the paradise play money tables. Watch for 1 hr. Go to 1/2 draw real money at paradise and watch for one hour. The difference is clear. Record the flop% at play money vs real money 1/2 tables and then come back to me give me your report based on 25 real money tables and 25 play money tables during seven consecutive days. Then, go to pokerroom and watch how they play at real money 1/2 draw. You will find it is actually very similar to how they play at the paradise play money tables.

If you don't believe any of this, record the data as I have suggested and then post in here with your results.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:56 AM

I have to agree regarding terrible play at 5CD on Pokerroom. Their Pot-Limit 5CD tables are possibly the easiest money on the entire inter-poker-web-net.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:54 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-19-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Re: limit 5 player draw mtt at pokerroom

[ QUOTE ]
some of us want to attempt to build the draw community. So to start this we are going to be having a draw tournament on Sunday nights at 8:00 Eastern time. The buy in is 30.00 +3. Hope you guys will come play. If you need affiliate to create an id email pokerreid@bham.rr.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you send in your money to twoplustwo for the advertisements or are you planing on stealing?
Old 09-02-2006, 12:03 PM

I've been playing PR draw since last september when they started draw games there and I still see boneheads all the way through 10/20. As far as a 3/6 expectation I might shoot for more around 2bb, certainly a max of 2.5bb.

10/20 heads up hand from last night..
TTxxx I raise on the button, he 3 bets, I call. He draws 2, I draw 3 and catch TTT, he bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I cap. I check the hand history he has 66xxx.

So stick with PR it's great there..

Keith

My draw blog
http://www.utgmindy.blogspot.com/
Old 09-02-2006, 01:24 PM

BBQ, how do you track results? I'm curious what my win rate has been, but haven't found a good way to track. Do you just write down what's in the session browser?