Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Party tournament problem - what happened and what should they do?

Yesterday I was playing in tournament 781496 a $5 + 1 speed tourney. My user name is wdcbooks. About 1300 players signed up and we were down to just under 100. I had a stack of around 70k and was well above average in chips and one off the button. I pushed in from the CO and was called by the button, who I had well covered. Immediately after his call my table disappeared. I was put into limbo with no chips and no table.

From that point I tried to get back to the game, but this was not a problem from my end. My other tourney I was playing at the same time was running fine and I had no connection problems. If you look at the list of players I appear to still be playing even though this tourney ended more than twelve hours ago.

I sent PP VIP support this email:

[ QUOTE ]
My user name is wdcbooks. I was playing in two multi table tournaments at the same time. In Speed tournament number 781496 I was disconnected on your end. I pushed all in and was called by a smaller stack. Before the flop was dealt the table dissapeared. I can see my name in the list of players and I am not listed with a placement.

I can't bring up my table or any chipcount for myself though. I have tried to get back in and although my other tournament is fucntioning fine I appear to have been booted from this one. I want to know what happened and where I will be placed. I was playing well and had a larger than average stack, it is very dissapointing to watch the tournament being played and not being able to do anything but watch.

Mitch Falter
wdcbooks

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I got back in response.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Mitch

Please try to log out of PartyPoker and back in. You will then be taken
automatically to your tables.

If by any chance this does not work please call us immediately and we will do
our best to get you back to your table.

http://www.partypoker.com/help/

Rasmus
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

This was hours after the tournament was over and it clearly didn't address the problem in any case.

This is very little money and I play these to blow off steam, but I am not going to throw away the money either. This could have been a bigger tourney and I want to know how it should be handled. I was in the money with a good size stack, where should I be placed? I obviously should get more than a placement from where they took away my table, but how much more. If I finally get someone in support to understand the issue I want to know what I should ask for.

Any help is appreciated. Also I believe this happened to all seven people at my table, so there must be other people with this issue.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Party tournament problem - what happened and what should they do?

Single bump.

Would it be reasonable to ask that I am paid a placement according to my chip count at the time I was booted? So I was sixth in chps, should I ask for sixth place?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:35 PM

Wow the Party nightmares get better and better.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Email them again. / Call them.

They will come up with their own number. But make up some BS and propose a high number. Your equity + a little more.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They will come up with their own number. But make up some BS and propose a high number. Your equity + a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am waiting for another email response. I called them and hung up when it was clear that the customer service guy was not even in the ballpark as far as understanding what I was talking about. I will try to get VIP support on the phone.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am waiting for another email response. I called them and hung up when it was clear that the customer service guy was not even in the ballpark as far as understanding what I was talking about. I will try to get VIP support on the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there still is a VIP program, that will be the only way to get VIP support. They canceled their VIP email address.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If there still is a VIP program, that will be the only way to get VIP support. They canceled their VIP email address.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this is wrong, it was a glitch. At least, according to Joyce here:

Thank you for contacting us.

We will be sending you a VIP offer shortly, it has not been decided what the offer will be. We did have a problem with the VIP Mail box this has now been rectified.

Please be patient as this could take some time, before you are sent your VIP Offer.

Thank you for choosing us as you're on line Gaming Site!

Joyce
PartyPoker Customer Care
Old 08-02-2006, 12:20 AM

At the beginning of July they also said that they would be sending an offer 'shortly' and that they were 'currently working on it'.