Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Who plays at Bodog?

It's still new to me, so the layout could eventually become easy to manage, my problem with the change is that it's so friggin buggy. I've been bumped into space from a couple MTT's and a SNG for no apparent reason. I don't lose connection, just get knocked from the room. Also, the "stats" thing doesn't correctly count the flops seen, and requesting a hand history now requires me to sign in and place a specific hand # into the request. Too much pain in the butt if I just want to see what the guy mucked after a showdown.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get two monitors to work for multi-tabling? I just started trying to multi table last week and was able to work 2 tables without too much trouble, but I think the two monitor thing would really make it less of a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultramon and Multimon are two programs out there that help with multimonitor setups. I use Ultramon - good piece of software.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play LHE there, 20/40 and 30/60. But the new software sucks for multi-tabling, so I may take my action elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny that you say that. I was part of their firt beta test group last ~ September. I emphasized that this new software was horrible for multi-tablers. In fact, I asked if their designers were even poker players. Anyhow, I went on to say they would lose business from players like me if they went this route. And if there intent was to try and reduce the number of multi-tablers, then this was a good software program to switch to. But, then again, why not just disable mutli-tabling if that was really their intent?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see the Cardplayer article. What was the gist?

[/ QUOTE ]

How Hip and Smart Calvin is...........
Old 01-20-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get two monitors to work for multi-tabling? I just started trying to multi table last week and was able to work 2 tables without too much trouble, but I think the two monitor thing would really make it less of a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the FAQ for the Internet Gambling Forum, the second sticky at the top of this forum's index. This link is shown near the bottom of the FAQ.

Link to AncientPC's Video Card/Multi-Monitor FAQ
Old 01-20-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't see the Cardplayer article. What was the gist?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-20-2006, 11:35 AM

I played a couple thousand hands of NL 200 there early this year, I cashed out after the update. The games were at times very very good, I'd probably keep a little in there if it became compatible with PT or they added 6 max tables.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:47 PM

UPDATE: Our Voices Have Been Heard!

I just got off the phone with Bodog Customer Service and it appears that, "over the next month or so," the current bugs will be fixed and new changes will be added that will allow the new Bodog interface to actually become PLAYABLE. The changes are listed below.

1. You will be able to open multiple tables without having to tab between tables or use the "picture in picture" function. You will be able to open up to three full-sized tables at a time, just like you used to be able to. This is a good change because playing more than one table on this site is next to impossible with the way things are now.

2. You will be able to change the color of your table. The "blood red" will still be an option, but you'll also be able to pick between "poker green" and a "light blue" color. This is a good thing because their "blood red" color was not easy on the eyes, and it even made my stomach a little queezy looking at it for more than thirty minutes.

3. They may change the size of the cards in the future. Right now their cards are very small, and they're located within a box, with avatars twice their size sitting next to them. When I tried out the new interface I played a few hands thinking I was heads-up when there were actually other people in the hands. After screwing up like this a few times, I found myself looking at every player's position on the table to determine who was in the hand and who wasn't. It was annoying. This change is a good one.

So...It looks like our voices have been heard. All of those e-mails, all of those phone calls, and more importantly, all of us taking our rake elsewhere really did the job.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:52 PM

If you search for my ealrier post you see will see that you can already change the color of the tables.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you search for my ealrier post you see will see that you can already change the color of the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked for it but couldn't find it. I didn't try hard. Call me lazy.

The Bodog Poker Customer Service guy told me that you wouldn't be able to change colors for another month (or maybe more), so I'll just go with that.

At least they are going to, for sure, make the site somewhat playable again in the near future.