Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: How to make $50K at the WSOP

[ QUOTE ]

Nevada unclaimed money
Under Nevada Revised Statutes 120A, the disposition of Unclaimed Property is a law designed to collect, safeguard, and return lost or forgotten property to its rightful owner. Generally, most property is presumed to be abandoned if it has been inactive for three years. Wages become unclaimed after only one year. The Unclaimed Property Division was established to ensure that all businesses and government entities report and remit unclaimed or abandoned property to the agency in a timely manner and to reunite the lawful owners or heirs with their property by promoting educational and public awareness program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that's from one of those cheezy "Find lost property now!" websites, and I have not verified the accuracy of the stated statute. However, based upon the above, it looks like the best course of action (if the true owner had not yet come forward) would be to turn the money in but be damned sure to give your information so they can contact you in three years. Of course, as the skeptic that I am, I seriously doubt you'll ever see that money again even if the true owner does not come forward without paying an attorney 30% to force Nevada to finally turn the cash over to you.

Edit: I reckon that just walking up to the counter and trying to cash out $750,000 in chips after someone just reported losing $750k in chips would probably raise some eyebrows. As would cashing out 5 chips/day for x number of consequtive days. I've seen Breaking Vegas, some of those security guys are freaky suspicious.