Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 02:15 PM

Default New to the SnG scene.

Hi all.

Have a $10K+ bankroll and am thinking of switching to SnG's for a time. (I have been mostly a ring game player). Now I have played SnG's in the past and have had success with them. My question is between Stars and Party where should I do my SnGoing?

As an FYI I plan on Playing speed tournys in the $50-$60 range. 8 tables at a time. I have the unmentionable at Party that I thinks should be at least taken into consideration.

So I need the experts help as to which would be the better alternative.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: New to the SnG scene.

I play at Party, but I'm reccomending Stars to you simply because Party suck, there have been soo many problems there recently and they just [censored] on all of us. Stars far superior player points deals should go at least some way to make up for the unmentionable.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:25 PM

Try them out for yourself. Some prefer one site, others prefer another. Most people have played at Party over the years because of rakeback but their awful software is causing many people to switch lately. I personally prefer Stars. Don't start out 8 tableing though. SNGs are a completely different game than ring games. Work on improving your game 1st & as you get better you can move up in limits/add more tables. The first thing you need to do is buy this:
http://sitngo-analyzer.com/

& study up on it. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the insight....I perhaps left out some details in my first post. I have played SnG's in the past and am comfortable with 8 tableing. I have always played my SnG's on PS and since I have the rb deal with Party I thought it may be beneficial to switch over. But God I hate there software.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the insight....I perhaps left out some details in my first post. I have played SnG's in the past and am comfortable with 8 tableing. I have always played my SnG's on PS and since I have the rb deal with Party I thought it may be beneficial to switch over. But God I hate there software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that not everyone has problems with Party. I have 6-/8-tabled tonnes there and never had a dissapearing button.

So why don't you test for yourself. If buttons dissapear on Party you can always play on Stars for a while.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:38 PM

I've been playing online poker since 1999...First at Paradise...then Party....then Empire...Then Stars...Now back to Party...I'm no cheerleader for PartyPoker, but for me, I cannot ignore the ability to get into any game I want at any hour of the day or night and I <font color="red">really</font> can't ignore the RB...It's just too much $$$ and has too big of an influence on my monthly results

*Sadly, PP's "Customer Service " is a complete joke...Only Zen has the ability to effectively communicate with those morons [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2006, 02:41 PM

I actually did like Party better games seemed fishier and like someone stated new games always filling. However there recent disappearing buttons as well as other issues you would be nuts to 8 table there until all is fixed.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I <font color="red">really</font> can't ignore the RB...It's just too much $$$ and has too big of an influence on my monthly results

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the number one, and basically only reason I am considering Party over Stars. I guess I will just play a few 100 on Party and see if they are worth it. Any insight on the 10 man tables vs. 9 man tables of stars...any big influence on results?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I <font color="red">really</font> can't ignore the RB...It's just too much $$$ and has too big of an influence on my monthly results

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the number one, and basically only reason I am considering Party over Stars. I guess I will just play a few 100 on Party and see if they are worth it. Any insight on the 10 man tables vs. 9 man tables of stars...any big influence on results?

[/ QUOTE ]

No real difference. Your ITM % will be lower on 10 man ones, but the prizes are slightly larger making it even out.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any insight on the 10 man tables vs. 9 man tables of stars...any big influence on results?

[/ QUOTE ]

The variance will be smaller with 3/9 ITM than 3/10 ITM.