Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Losing Money from the Blinds?

While reading my Pokeroffice stats I noticed that I was making a great deal of money from the button and 8th seat(which is obvious) and losing a great deal from the SB and the BB.

Does this mean I should tighten my play from the blinds or is that just the amount ive spent while paying from the blinds each time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Losing Money from the Blinds?

Everyone loses from the blinds. Try to search for Pokeys stat survey threads, there is some examples how your stats are supposed to look with proper blind defence.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While reading my Pokeroffice stats I noticed that I was making a great deal of money from the button and 8th seat(which is obvious) and losing a great deal from the SB and the BB.

Does this mean I should tighten my play from the blinds or is that just the amount ive spent while paying from the blinds each time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are losing money in the blinds when taking the $ to post the blinds into account, this is normal.

However, you should generally be making money in the blinds if you discount the cost of posting the blind itself. PT has a separate column that tracks this profit. Hopefully, you are at least making $$ in the BB in this column.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone loses from the blinds. Use this wiki page to find Pokeys stat survey threads....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2006, 01:59 PM

True - everyone loses from the blinds. But I noticed a few months ago that I was losing what I felt like was too much. Turns out I was defending my blinds way too strongly. I've stopped defending (and even completing from the sb unless there are 2 limpers in) with junk hands and it has increased my winrate. What I wasn't taking into consideration was the additional losses that were caused by the fact that defending my blinds was causing me to play junk OOP the rest of the hand.