Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: 00T Demographics

You poll needs "popped collar" and "desperately needs an ass kicking" options.

-bb.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised how many of the polled (hee hee, I said polled) speak 3+ languages.

OOT is smart!

[/ QUOTE ]

being bi- or multi-lingual is only considered a sign of intelligence (wrongfully, in my opinion) in America ... in Western Europe, for example, speaking your native language as well as English is usually considered standard for any decently educated person and if you're fluent in one Romance language, it's pretty easy to be competent in at least one other.

this could be a specious relationship but notice how the % of people who speak 3+ languages is closely aligned with the % of non-Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. Just to get trough school and go to a higher school i have to speak 3 languages. I speak norwegian of course since im from norway. in 3rd og 4th grade we started with english (had it for 8 years at school 11th grade) and then in 8th grade we had to have either german or french. (had that for 5 years, 12th grade) the last year of school, 13th we had only norwegian, just like our first year [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
If you're under 30 and don't speak 2 languages (mother+eng) you are considered quite dumb here. hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

brag edit: btw, swedes danes and norwegians understand eachother quite well cus the languages are quite simulair(sp) so i speak 5 languages [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2006, 12:06 PM

OOT: White, college-educated twenty-something males born and bred in the NE and Midwest of the United States. Also, probably fat.