Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 06:25 AM

Default Hockey Fight: Gino Odjick Destroys the St. Louis Blues

Gino Odjick was an enforcer for the Vancouver Canucks in the 90's. He's the guy in my avatar.

Here's a sweet video of Gino at his finest absolutely owning the St. Louis Blues:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...46198814374959

Notice how he owns 3 guys in like 5 seconds.

"This is ugly, Odjick's going nuts! He's just taking turns on everybody!"

While we're at it I'll throw in a classic Gino quote (from here.):

[ QUOTE ]
Gino Odjick explains the difference between himself and coach Mike Keenan; "He gets frustrated and says stupid things. I get frustrated and do stupid things."

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Hockey Fight: Gino Odjick Destroys the St. Louis Blues

Tiger Williams
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 AM

Seemed like the douche bag on the playground that always wants to fight everybody and you just hope somebody stands up to him and knocks his teeth down his throat.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:31 PM

I had Odjick on my fantasy team once. One of the most overheard lines in our office was, "Odjick went nuts last night..."

Not to take anything away from your very enjoyable link, but no one player ever owned a team the way John Wensink owned the North Stars on 12/01/77 (final 15 seconds of the vid; I'm pretty sure the Minnesota coach quit, shortly after his team's show of cowardice).
Old 08-01-2006, 02:37 PM

My vote is for Paul Laus. I've never seen him lose a fight on the ice, and he's had many.

Laus KO's Berrube

So many that he said he has to soak his hands in hot water every morning before he can unclinch them, due to all the scar tissue on his knuckles. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2006, 03:07 PM

You have failed to mention several important things.

I remember this fight. Tony Twist of the Blues was scratched for this game, and therefore, could not totally obliterate Odjick that night. Odjick knew he had free reign that evening, and tried to take on such tough-guys as Adam Creighton and Anderson. LOLZ.

After that game, Twist was banging on the locker room door of the Cannucks yelling for Odjick and nobody came out. They wouldn't let him in, either, of course. I mean, who lets in a guy who broke Rob Ray's orbital bone with a punch to the head?

Weeks later the two teams played again. This time Twist was dressed. Twist defeated Odjick twice that night. In each fight, he had Odjick to the ice within seconds, and Odjick was turtling up and getting pounded in the head, shoulders, and back like a little b*tch. The two fights looked identical. Odjick going down immediately, turtling up, and getting pounded mercilessly while probably also peeing on himself.

Good try, though.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My vote is for Paul Laus. I've never seen him lose a fight on the ice, and he's had many.

Laus KO's Berrube

So many that he said he has to soak his hands in hot water every morning before he can unclinch them, due to all the scar tissue on his knuckles. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a sick fight especially considering Berrube is no slouch himself.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I remember this fight. Tony Twist of the Blues was scratched for this game, and therefore, could not totally obliterate Odjick that night. Odjick knew he had free reign that evening, and tried to take on such tough-guys as Adam Creighton and Anderson. LOLZ.

After that game, Twist was banging on the locker room door of the Cannucks yelling for Odjick and nobody came out. They wouldn't let him in, either, of course. I mean, who lets in a guy who broke Rob Ray's orbital bone with a punch to the head?

Weeks later the two teams played again. This time Twist was dressed. Twist defeated Odjick twice that night. In each fight, he had Odjick to the ice within seconds, and Odjick was turtling up and getting pounded in the head, shoulders, and back like a little b*tch. The two fights looked identical. Odjick going down immediately, turtling up, and getting pounded mercilessly while probably also peeing on himself.

Good try, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I actually tried to google the date of the fight to find out some more info on it (wanted to see if Odjick got suspended) and found out that Brendan Shannahan broke his ankle in the brawl when he fell awkwardly. Didn't see anything about Tony Twist tho.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good try, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. I actually tried to google the date of the fight to find out some more info on it (wanted to see if Odjick got suspended) and found out that Brendan Shannahan broke his ankle in the brawl when he fell awkwardly. Didn't see anything about Tony Twist tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I saw the fight live and I remember being really upset that he was acting with so much bravado, when everyone knew that Twist was not dressed. He really deserved a beating after that, which he got twice in one game. Beating up Adam Creighton was not a feat. Adam went about 6'6", but was a softy.

I have a VHS tape that my buddy made me of various Twist fights from that era. Both Odjick bouts are on it. It also features Twist v. Ewen, Twist v. Craven, Twist v. Poeschek, Baron v. Domi, Shanahan v. Derien Hatcher, Corson v. Otto, Corson v. Mellanby, Twist v. Paul Kruse, Twist v. Marchment, Twist v. Ray, and some more that I can't think of right now. It's a 13 minute tape and I watch it a couple times a year.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a sick fight especially considering Berrube is no slouch himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Laus has taken on the best of the best over the years and I'm sure won the majority of them. Here's a complete list (and a pretty cool site for hockey fights)...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/...htcard_quickie