Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Re: 25 nl - Best line to stack a Nit

I can see two lines of thought. First off you are almost for sure ahead but if he has AA or KK you could get your two pair counterfeited although you have a redraw to a boat. If your objective is to get allin on this hand then you need to win $24.10 from the CO. So work backwards and imagine a $12 bet on the river which is about half...perhaps an $8 bet on the turn and a $4 bet on the flop. The big question is do you think he will call a $4 bet on the flop or do you check it and hope to raise to $4? I would bet out as checking is definitely dangerous with two people in the pot.
If you dont want to try and stack this guy just in case the turn and river come out badly for you then try overbetting the pot a little bit...maybe $3. He calls presumably SB folds and now there is $8.25 in the pot. If the turn is a blank you can bet $9. If he calls you can try to get allin on the river if your hand seems to still be good.
I dont know the players at NL $25 as well but it seems to me top two pair here is practically a set at NL 50 so why not treat it as such? I am sure if I am wrong Ill be flamed into submission
Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 AM

I feel like I totally misplayed the hand. The pot was 10.25 on the turn which was perfect all I have to do is bet out 7 and then 13 on river. Easy enough. Turn was a blank and instead I checked thinking he would bet 7-8 and I would push a/i for 12 more and he couldn't fold for that amt. He ended up betting 4 into the 10 pot and I still pushed and he let his time bank run down and folded.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:35 AM

I like the check-raise on the turn. And don't be sad that he folded. With AA,KK he has 8 outs to beat you on the river. Three 6's, Three of the 'blank' turn card, and 2 a's or k's.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:37 AM

def call and c/r a bricked turn., that is, if sb folds, if he calls, I think you need to 3 bet.