Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Mucked hand Controversy

Saturday night i played with the usual bunch, $1-2 NLHE.

board shows 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Player A has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Player B has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

the hands are flipped over, Player A has the nut flush, yet concedes the pot(because he thought he got beaten by aces).
Player B ALSO concedes the pot, saying "Damn, and I had the Ace."

Player A begins to stack the pot, not because he thought he won, but because Player B was shuffling and he was stacking them FOR him. Player A hands the pot to Player B, and player B takes the stack and mixes it into his pile. Hands are mucked. Hand over.

MEANWHILE, i'm reloading my drink and realize that Player A SHOULD have taken the pot, announce that he won. Player B knowingly took the pot when he knew his AJ lost. Player A goes ballistic. What is the official ruling? What about player conduct?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Mucked hand Controversy

Ugh. . .
Nobody is clean on this one.

Where are the other players at the table?!!! There has to be some sort of obligation to tell player A he's being a idiot. Player B is clearly a douche and headed for an big-time whooping if he mixes in the pot with his chips after knowingly losing the hand.

If player B wants to leave with all limbs intact, he ought to try and make it right with A. Separate out the pot as much as possible and push it back.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:40 PM

Cards play unless, they have been mucked, is the way this one roles where I play.

Unless its a specific game we play in which you can only show the 2 cards that you play.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:59 PM

TELL ME ABOUT IT! everyone fugged up majorly. most of the mistakes were out of ignorance, but Player B taking the chips he DIDN'T win is simply WRONG, and he's lucky it's not blood poker, or he'd be shot!

our game is notorious for players who don't pay attention. i'm always shorting the pot [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img](kidding).

While I agree that Player B should own up and make it right, he tried to blame me for pointing out Player A's winning hand, then tried to convince us of how we ALL were robbed in our faces from time to time, and we were OKAY with it....LMAO!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:53 PM

I would blame whoever was dealing the hand. The dealer should have pushed the pot over to the winner. And if player B thought he lost, what was he doing touching the chips that were in the pot. I wouldn't like it if someone else was stacking the chips of a pot I had just won. For not paying attention, player B should not get any of his money back.

Tough decision...what did you do?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 PM

B took the pot after knowing he lost.

I reconstruct the hand to get pot size, hand that back to A and divvy up B's stack to the rest of the table as a fine for being a dick.

Then i offer him the opportunity to never come back if he thinks that is acceptable behaviour.

If he is my friend, especially a close friend, i will take jibes at him for a while over this one. Bang out of order.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 PM

Player B(A T) was dealing. Shady, Dickish, and spineless maneuver he pulled. Bonafide Enron action.

I thought Player A(K K) stacking the pot was wierd too. At first I saw his hand, the nut flush, said 'oooo', and was about to say, "wait, he has the nut flush!", but when I saw him stacking the pot, I figured they all knew what was going on. Granted, I wasn't paying full attention as I was making myself another drink.

Agreed on the hand being a lesson for Player A by forfeiting the dough.

Anyway, what ensued was a most unusual affair. Expletives, accusations, finger pointing, almost bible banging action. Player A decided that the chips no longer matter, and proceeded to demolish the rest of his stack in with Player B's. DO'H!! Soon enough,everyone's stack was totally mixed up. DBL DO'H! We all took it outside and it escalated into a drink throwing fest. No fists were thrown though. If there were sidearms, they woulda been drawn.

Good times, Good times had by all.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, what ensued was a most unusual affair. Expletives, accusations, finger pointing, almost bible banging action. Player A decided that the chips no longer matter, and proceeded to demolish the rest of his stack in with Player B's. DO'H!! Soon enough,everyone's stack was totally mixed up. DBL DO'H! We all took it outside and it escalated into a drink throwing fest. No fists were thrown though. If there were sidearms, they woulda been drawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you said you were all either stone-cold drunk, or 12 year-olds...
Old 08-03-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B took the pot after knowing he lost.

I reconstruct the hand to get pot size, hand that back to A and divvy up B's stack to the rest of the table as a fine for being a dick.

Then i offer him the opportunity to never come back if he thinks that is acceptable behaviour.

If he is my friend, especially a close friend, i will take jibes at him for a while over this one. Bang out of order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd offer you the opportunity to take your hands off my money, and then knock you on your ass if you think that is acceptable behavior.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good times, Good times had by all.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF... I was about to say that you should just try to reconstruct the betting on the hand and give it back to the winning player (he might be confused, but he shouldn't be penalized for the shady actions of his opponent, who tried to deceive by grabbing the chips)... And then not invite player B back in the future...

But so much for that suggesiton if all hell broke loose and the table got toppled in mayhem...

What a mess. I'd find a game with fewer knuckleheads in the future...