Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 07:07 AM

Default 3rd hand B&M 2/5 200 max nl QQ sb UTG raise + 3 callers to me

B&M so here is the hand to the best i remember, 3rd hand of table the 2nd hand i flopped nut flush draw + middle pair and reraised a cbet by the button to take it down without showing:

2/5 blinds

stacks:
hero: 340 - just moved from broken up table this is 3rd hand
utg 150 -- friend from home ultra-donk horrible maniacal LAG that can't ever get away from a hand
utg+1 has me covered by a lot (maybe 1000ish)-- seems like a strong player i've seen him before and usually a lot of chips in front of him but never played with him at the same table
utg+2 has me covered by a lot (600ish) -- no read at all
button - 90$ another ultradonk limps every hand and gives away chips because ultra passive and weak- called to showdown two of first three hands once with k high and other time with 3rd pair.

starts 9 handed-
utg raise 25, utg+1 call, mp1 call, mp2 call, button call (rest folds), hero 145-

couldn't decide on whether to push or how much to reraise i really didn't want to call in this situation because i'd be oop the whole hand. not really worried about utg or button, utg+1 is only player i'm really concerned about potentially calling the raise. was this enough in the pot that i should have just gone all-in? i was thinking about pushing any non-a/k flop. i just recently moved from tournaments to cash so any help with this would be great as i'm still trying to learn the new strategies.

-dm

will post results later but mainly concerned with my pf play here- and if you call instead please tell me your reasoning and approach on rest of the hand beacuse i couldn't see myself calling here- but maybe that's the S&G'er in me.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Re: 3rd hand B&M 2/5 200 max nl QQ sb UTG raise + 3 callers to me

this is at the majestic in gary indiana on a payday at 4:30 in the morning as well fwiw~
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: 3rd hand B&M 2/5 200 max nl QQ sb UTG raise + 3 callers to me

i think you have to push, you've got 5 people already in for 25 and your stack is at 340, with 125 in the pot there is no amount you can raise that will allow you to make a pot sized bet on the flop, if you raise small you will get 4-5 way action and the pot will be much larger than your remaining stack, while if you raise bigger you might cut down the number of opponents, but you still won't have enough left in your stack because more of it went in preflop

if you raised to $100 and got really lucky and only 1 out of 5 called you'd be in decent shape, but i don't think you can count on 4 other people folding here most of the time

when the pot is over 1/3 of your stack size before the action gets to you i don't think you have any option but to go all in, unless for some reason you don't think you have the best hand right now

the only reason to call would be if you were playing QQ for set value only, without a single re-raise preflop i think you'd need a fairly supernatural read to want to do that