Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 02:59 AM

Default 8/16 Bellagio, AKo

The game is 8 or 9-handed. EP limps, another player limpe in MP, button also limps. He is an aggressive, but not loose or maniacal, player who often raises instead of limping preflop compared to the other players, does not need super premium hands to raise preflop, and I'm pretty sure he's capable of raising a big draw post flop to get a free card, or get more money in the pot, etc. I have AhKs in SB and raise. Passive asian lady with a noticable accent calls from BB, and the other three players call. I decide to just bet in the dark to make it look like I have a big pair in case I miss (incidentally, I played a fair number of hours in LV over 3 days and 4 nights, and didn't get AA or KK once, but oh well).

Flop comes Ac6c2c. BB calls, one of the first two limpers calls, and the aggressive player on the button raises. What should I do?

A: Reraise, hoping I both have the best hand and dodge a club.

B: Fold, because I could already be drawing dead if he has a flush or set, and even if not, clearly at least one player has a flush draw and even if the flush doesn't hit my hand isn't a total lock; someone could pair their kicker, make trip sixes, etc.

C: Call, and bet out on the turn if it is a non-club (otherwise check-fold), and if he raises the turn, fold because I must be beaten; otherwise,bet again on the river if it is not a club (I guess checking the river is okay too if I still have more than one opponent).

Second, how would you play if I had pocket aces, giving me top set, or if I had pocket kings with the nut flush draw?
Old 07-31-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 8/16 Bellagio, AKo

whats with these posts about the players in 2+2. like "asian lady with noticable accent" or "loose black man" or "rich fat guy" WTF!! RACIST PRICKS!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:23 AM

No need to dark bet. Im not a nit, but I do not see a point of putting money into a pot w/o seeing the flop, compared to putting money into the pot w/ seeing the flop.

3 bet the the flop, what is the limper calling with? Hes got an ace or a club, charge him. The button is aggro, hes range for 2 betting here is very wide...

If you have AA and its 3 way, jam. Esp if one of them is aggro.

If you have KK bet call the flop. Bet when you make you flush.

Ryan
Old 07-31-2006, 03:27 AM

How are any of those descriptions racist? I'll give you that someone's ethnicity, age, degree of gluttony, and financial standing don't necessarily mean that they will play a certain way, but it certainly doesn't detract from the situation in question, and since it was a live game, I wanted to offer viewers something other than the typical hand converter histories that accompany hands played online. It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that I'm not using 2+2 as a soapbox to vent my social or political views, only to get feedback regarding an interesting hand I played and analyze it with others. Furthermore, I don't think that any of those descriptions you mentioned are racist in anyway. If you played a hand against me and discussed in a post while describing me as a "skinny white guy", I wouldn't consider it racist, and I doubt anyone else would either, although it would seem kind of unnecessary since that description fits a lot more people than any of the ones you gave as examples.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:30 AM

you made a great point sir. when you stated " "i'm not using 2+2 as a soapbox to vent my social or political views, ONLY TO GET FEEDBACK REGARDING AN INTERESTING HAND I PLAYED" Keyword "HAND" Thats all that matters who cares if its a "asian lady" or "skinny white guy" You have absetloutly NO CLASS!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:32 AM

"passive asian lady with noticable accent" who gives a s h it! Next time talk bout the HAND and take your racist, prejeduice innuendo's. ELSEWHERE! Thanx!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:10 AM

Next time, offer an opinion on how you would have played the hand, and take your poor spelling and wrathful, baseless complaints elsewhere. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:36 AM

I didn't realize that you consider identifying the ethnicit of a relevant person, in a neutral context, to be racist and classless. It may or may not be relevant to the analysis of the hand I played, but that is for viewers of this thread to decide individually. You can decide as you choose, but the real classless act is for you to denigrate me by deeming my objective identification of someone's ethnicity to be "racist". Based on that logic it would be racist to refer to Gus Hansen as "Scandanavian" or Phil Ivey as "Black". If this is your opinion then you are entitled to it; however, you are not entitled to make damning accusations or otherwise insult me unless you have more objective and rational grounds for doing so.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:22 AM

I would definitly raise in that position. The pot is already farily large and there are many hands that can draw out on you. Besides seems like the aggressive guy will pay you off.

Re-raise and get the other players out (it would be two bets to call for them).

Cheers,
Nima
Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 PM

Dark betting is horrible in your position. You have AK in a big pot and a dark bet will mean absolutly nothing. Other players are going to think "he's got a big pair, pots big, lets try to draw out". Your not getting anyone to fold a worse ace and your never getting people to fold a pair on the flop, its going to take a turn bet to do that unless of course they have a low pp. Another point to consider is that w/so many people in the hand its just so likely that someone will hit the flop. There are a lot of flops that will make you want to check and call or check and fold so I really hate that dark bet.

On to the flop. Check w/the intetion of raising/calling/folding depending on where the bet comes from and action on the flop. You dark bet so thats not an option. Have I mentioned how much I hate a dark bet? W/a flop like this a check raise is a great option. Someone will likely bet from someone so its unlikely to be checked through. If the button bets you might be able to fold some low singleton clubs who don't want to call 2 cold.

As played 3bet this flop. The pot is too big for you to be worried about being behind yet and there are so many hands button can be raising with here. Confronting the rest of the field w/calling 2 more will really let you figure out whose got the draw and whose just trying to peel w/crap.

W/aces I would bet/3bet the flop b/c you have much more equity against a flush and flushdraw. Your goal here is not to eliminate opponents via a c/r you hope to trap them for as many bets as possible b/c you have a redraw to the nuts