Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Dooms Day on Party coming soon

[ QUOTE ]
I am really starting to get frustrated. I haven't played SNG's in a week. Major -EV. They need to fix the damn software and give the speed tables names.

[/ QUOTE ]

F 'em. I'm moving to Stars. Get ready for the influx, Stars players. Sux but what else can we do?
Old 07-31-2006, 12:43 AM

It's brutal. I'm in the same boat... haven't played a SNG in over a week. Haven't done that in months. Party is killing me and my unmentionable.

It's a funny thing... they're obviously bringing in an obscene amount of revenue... just check their corporate reports. Why not contract with a technical consulting firm to design a stable platform? This seems like a relatively simple (although capital intensive) process. I honestly am curious as to their apparent lack of concern as to their software's undeniable instability.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the next few weeks, Party is releasing a new non-download program. God knows what kind of havoc this might cause for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any details on this? Are you going to play through your web browser?????? Crazy idea, why don't they just stop breaking their crappy software?

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Not crazy at all, Poker Room used to do this, it's how I got started. It's just a Java app. Never had any trouble. Course, this is Party we're talking about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is if they can't make a regular windows app work half decent for multi tablers then they have no chance in hell of making a web based app work. They can't even give Speed tourneys a name...

They really need to invest some of those marketing budget $ on hiring competent software developers and software product managers.

I guess I'm just crossing my fingers hoping they don't screw things up too badly... how sad is that?

rvg
Old 07-31-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the next few weeks, Party is releasing a new non-download program. God knows what kind of havoc this might cause for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any details on this? Are you going to play through your web browser?????? Crazy idea, why don't they just stop breaking their crappy software?

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Not crazy at all, Poker Room used to do this, it's how I got started. It's just a Java app. Never had any trouble. Course, this is Party we're talking about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is if they can't make a regular windows app work half decent for multi tablers then they have no chance in hell of making a web based app work. They can't even give Speed tourneys a name...

They really need to invest some of those marketing budget $ on hiring competent software developers and software product managers.

I guess I'm just crossing my fingers hoping they don't screw things up too badly... how sad is that?

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Windows is an awful environment for programmers.

I'd be more optimistic about a Java program actually working although of course it will be bare-bones (no mods, etc.) and who knows if multi-tabling will be possible/practical.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's brutal. I'm in the same boat... haven't played a SNG in over a week. Haven't done that in months. Party is killing me and my unmentionable.

It's a funny thing... they're obviously bringing in an obscene amount of revenue... just check their corporate reports. Why not contract with a technical consulting firm to design a stable platform? This seems like a relatively simple (although capital intensive) process. I honestly am curious as to their apparent lack of concern as to their software's undeniable instability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, EVERY aspect of their Service Delivery Organization sux. They are a marketing-driven company and obviously don't give a flying fck about anything else as long as the fish keep signing up.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as long as the fish keep signing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the non-fish keep staying there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bwahahaha! hahaha! hahaha!

We may have less fish on Stars, but we do have buttons to make our decisions with. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Onaflag...........
Old 07-31-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely false - windows may at times be crappy for the end user but it is an amazing environment for programmers for a ton of reasons which are all complete hijacks to this thread.

If you think performance is crappy now then wait until they try to build a web based java version.

rvg
Old 07-31-2006, 01:05 AM

The truth of the matter is that party doesn't give a damn about multi-tablers. They would rather have fish constantly trading money than to deal with us. Although I have no desire to move to Stars, the treatment that they give their high volume players is incredible. Here I am paying 4k+ in rake a month and I can barely get and answer about becoming a VIP after 10 e-mail.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely false - windows may at times be crappy for the end user but it is an amazing environment for programmers for a ton of reasons which are all complete hijacks to this thread.

If you think performance is crappy now then wait until they try to build a web based java version.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

rvg is officailly insane [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] To be fair the new windows apis (.net) are decent. The old win32 sdk is got the job done but was a ton of work to get programs running everywhere if you didn't use a framework.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can barely get and answer about becoming a VIP after 10 e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]
A direct result of the mass bailing out of Party to Stars. Stars can't add staff fast enough apparently.

Damn. You guys stay off my tables! I mean it. Really. I'm serious. Got it? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]