Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: 10 10 on button after CO-1 raise 17,5bb

So what are you advocating, and why?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:49 PM

what do u mean by a tight range for a tight player? is it not tight good ranges that tight players have?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:07 PM

OK - its folded to CO-1, Assume a tight player, what do you put him on? AK - A10S, AA - 88, AK, AQ absolute minimum + a small chance of a bluff reckoning he knows his image is tight? Is that unreasonable? I reckon you rate yourself a slight fav. Your concerned about 4 hands where your definitely behind. Are you playing to win or fold to an extra $20? Theres a big chance your in front - especially if you think you've got a chance of him laying down. Turns out he had QQ, but you didn't know that.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:38 PM

no i play to win but i put my tour on the line for 1800, its okey money for my stack, but my stack is good and if I am called i am up against AK jj qq kk or AA
Old 01-20-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i pushed and he called with qq, i am not sure this is result oriented but i think it was wrong, it was only 39 people left and 7k was a pretty okey stack and I am probaly either coinflip or in really bad shape against a tight players open range here, altough a call and reevaluate on the flop or fold are better lines in this spot with this stack against this player at this stage? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you are likely to lose more chips with TT vs. QQ if not all your chips.

I don't know how tight this guy is, but most people don't need a huge hand to open raise from CO and TT should be ahead of his range. If you have a really strong read this guy is a rock, maybe you can play this differently.

Basically, I showed the math earlier. Villain or one of the blinds have to have JJ-AA more than 1/3 of the time for the push to be EV-. Even so, it is possible flat calling is better against a tight raiser.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:54 PM

i think it's a push but not because you get better hands to fold, but because worse hands call. Lots of pairs make stands here, and if he folds or calls with his overs, eh thats fine with me. I dont mind him doing either.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:04 PM

If you decide to play this hand, there's basically no way you don't go broke, unless you see an A or K on the flop, which might save you. I like the call...re-evaluate line...but as it stands, the best flop for you will end up busting you, which could be classified as just bad luck...I mean, his range definitely includes AA-JJ but is definitely not limited to that. Even if you call and then see a flop of all unders, what are you going to do when he pushes?? Given read on villain, I wait for a better spot here. Hand doesn't hold enough +EV IMO.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:09 PM

i dont think anyone risk roughly 3/4 of their good stack at this stage with 99 or lower, i think jj qq kk aa and ak calls, and fold everything else..i think i can go so far as am 95% sure of this exact calling range for a tight player. But i can admit he open with alot of other hands as 55 and up and and A10 and up and maybe kq, so i guess it is kind of a mathematical problem (which isnt? hehe). But i still think my stack versus the pot and my overall standing doesnt justifie (correct spelling?) pushing when i know am quite dead if called.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think anyone risk roughly 3/4 of their good stack at this stage with 99 or lower, i think jj qq kk aa and ak calls, and fold everything else..i think i can go so far as am 95% sure of this exact calling range for a tight player. But i can admit he open with alot of other hands as 55 and up and and A10 and up and maybe kq, so i guess it is kind of a mathematical problem (which isnt? hehe). But i still think my stack versus the pot and my overall standing doesnt justifie (correct spelling?) pushing when i know am quite dead if called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't need AK, JJ or better to call from CO, but if that is his range, fine. You pick up 18K most of the time.

Getting called by overcards is about the same as not getting called. I agree with Exit that you will probably be called by lower pps and Ax some times.