Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Party Poker SNG Strategy? Please help.

I know there are a billion posts here on the topic and I have searched google, the forums, etc. 100 times but I cannot find it. I'm trying to find a strategy guide for the new Party SNG's to give to a friend I'm bankrolling. He will probably be playing $5 and $10 SNG's for now if that matters.

I found the 2004 thread on them but the blinds were different. Does it still hold true even with the new format?

Apologies in advance for asking this silly question but either I'm too sleepy or stupid to to find what I'm looking for. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Party Poker SNG Strategy? Please help.

None of these guides are +$EV.

But I guess they're better than nothing.

Yugoslav
PS The blinds aren't really different from the old structure and guides, they are just proportionally higher and a level might be missing.
PPS The guide I'm thinking of is adanthar's guide
Old 07-30-2006, 06:40 AM

Heh, if they are -EV I definately don't want to show him. I thought I saw a thread floating around here with the adjustment for new blinds but maybe it was another site. I'm not big on SNG's.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:19 AM

well if there was only one thread needed we wouldnt have a forum for this now would we?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:59 AM

to convert from old blinds (800 chip stack) to new blinds (2000 chip stack), multiply by 2.5.

if you/your mate can't convert from the old blinds to the new ones, you probably should find something else to spend your money and time on - preferably that doesn't involve rapid maths calculations.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:41 PM

You need a lot more knowledge to beat sngs than a few simple instructions. I would pass on backing anyone who isn't a winning sng player already. Even if they are a great limit player, it's not going to help them playing nl or limit sngs. The game is a form of poker with its own unique stategies(mostly the opposite of what seems to make sense). The only way to learn the ropes is to datamine a great player and/or buy sng power tools. I wouuld bet it would take a DEDICATED player 6 months of hard study to be a long term winner at sngs. Even then playing $11 nl sngs you will average a $2 return on your $11 investment. The top players play a minimum of 1000 sngs every month. If they make $2 on each one(@20% ROI) that's 1000x2=$2000 profit. I hope this helps.