Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Difference between limits

Can someone tell me the difference between limits at least short handed.

I know at .50/1 they are mostly fish, you have to value bet the **** out of everyone. Nobody is folding anything, so when it comes down to the river you must make sure you have something.

I play at $1/$2 and while there are still a lot of fish out there, there are a lot of decent-ish players, 40/20/2 types. Once in a while you will find a TAG playing at 25/20/3 or something but very fishy waters.

I have taken a few cracks at $2/$4 and found that although there are still people with extremely high V$IP the game is more aggressive overall. People are more willing to bluff raise you on the turn. Actually people are more willing to raise you anywhere, which means you have to take extra care when your bets go in that you have a good hand or a good draw.

I know game selection and table selection are big factors at 3/6 and above, can someone speak more to this?? At what point does someone leave a table at $5/$10 on Party or $10/$20 for that matter, is it when 4/6 people on your table have a V$IP of below 20 and aggression factor over 2?? When does the game go bad? What should I be looking for in selecting? Are there fish to be found and exploited at the higher limits too 3/6 and above...??
Old 07-30-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Difference between limits

I think you really only need one big donator in an SH game to make it worth playing. You can find these players at least up to 5/10 and probably above - I'll let you know if I ever get the money to play that high. I think that as you move up, the players just get smarter about how to take advantage of that player AS WELL AS how to take advantage of people who are playing too tight. When you find a game where TAGs are punishing LAPs and LAGs are punishing TAPs, you might want to move and find a soft seat on the left of a 60/3/0.8 player who's not already getting abused.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:53 PM

There are fish at every level. There are some 2/4 tables that play tighter than some 5/10 and 10/20 tables.

-Caddy
Old 07-30-2006, 06:24 PM

The good players get better and there are fewer fish. The fish are often more aggro.