Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 09:59 AM

Default Re: so I am moving up stat check (semi long)

[ QUOTE ]

I think you're misunderstanding the "Raise First in %" statistic - assuming I'm reading the PT description correctly - it is not "Percentage of the time that I both raised and I happened to be first in" (in which case it would decrease as you described), it's "Of the times I was first in, I raised".

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's correct.

OP,

The difference between the % of hands you play/raise in first position and the button should be greater.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:24 AM

After having a look around examples in PT I now see that RFI% includes the times you're not the first in - the PT description is definately misleading:

"Percentage of times player raised when they were first to enter the pot from this position."

So yes, I agree that this number would decrease as you approach the button, simply because you're first in less often.

So in my example above, your RFI% would only be 4%, despite the fact that you raised over twice as often when first in.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After having a look around examples in PT I now see that RFI% includes the times you're not the first in - the PT description is definately misleading:

"Percentage of times player raised when they were first to enter the pot from this position."

So yes, I agree that this number would decrease as you approach the button, simply because you're first in less often.

So in my example above, your RFI% would only be 4%, despite the fact that you raised over twice as often when first in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is wrong. You were 100% right in your first post. Where you went wrong, is that you thought you were disagreeing with me. What you wrote in your first post, is exactly what I believe.

In your example, PT will report back RFI% as 40%.

Your Pre-Flop Raise % should increase as you move closer to the button. This is just a good player recognizing the power of position.

Your "Raise First In %" is largely a useless statistic, at least for the purposes of measuring a person's positional awareness.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:42 PM

So I took everything in mind and did Pokey's stat check and found out:

* Not aggressive enough out of the big blind
* Not using position well enough
* Not stealing blinds
* Can't play well when not preflop raiser (losing a lot of $ in HU pots like this)
* Not cont betting / raising enough (30% instead of 40%+)
* Not as aggressive (1.74factor, should be 2+)

So I tried to focus on this as I played some 100NL. my stats were 25 vpip and 18% pfr, but I lost $250!!! 1 bad beat in a $200 pot, rest I just jerked off.... lol, back to 50NL and being a nit
Old 07-30-2006, 04:52 PM

You are very tight. If I played a style with a VPIP of 17 it would surely be around 17/17. Use position more and loosen up from the button particularly. What are you open limping with?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:48 PM

I never open limp