Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Played World of Warcraft Last Night (Dissapointed)

[ QUOTE ]
Luckily you were too retarded to kill the wolf. This game is a huge time sink and highly addicting. Keep it uninstalled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a game like this is a lot better than staring at a t.v. set, I think. At least it's not entirely, vegetatively passive, and you're not just sitting there absorbing absolute garbage into your mind. But then again, comparing it to something like that isn't exactly high praise. Agreed that these games are huge, huge wastes of time. Which is okay if you can accept destroying that resource.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

nice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Broodwar FTW [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

WoW was very fun until you cap, then it's the same old crap. Long raids to get gear and all of that garbage. I love the PvP but I can't stand the time = reward factor. I'd go back to an MMO if it were more skill based and less dominated by those who can devote their lives to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
WoW isn't fun leveling up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] It's fun the first time, exploring new stuff, doing quests etc. But it's just a grind to get to 60 level where you're friends are.

But I agree, WoW is a game where time invested hugely surpasses skills, wich sucks. Obviously, since it's a MMORPG time invested should be rewarded but the reward is too big in WoW IMO.

I have two 60's but I've stopped playing since a few months back because it takes up HUGE amounts of time. WoW is one huge grind. You raid several hours a week for gear, you PvP for reputation, you kill specific mobs for reputation etc. Sure, it's fun but it can be very tedious at times. Although I might start again for the expansion.

And dont start to play if you dont have any friends playing it or it becomes very boring. Unless you find a good guild quick you'll be stuck with stupid PUG's and soloing the PvP instances. It sucks.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:44 PM

What's a PUG? Although I'm somewhat happy I'm getting more out of sync with the MMORPG world.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:10 PM

Pick Up Group. Basically you're playing with random people
Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 PM

Yeah, those were pretty darn bad in WoW. People did things as a matter of course that would have gotten you a terrible reputation for grouping in other MMORPG's.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:26 AM

agreed that this is much much better with friends. My brother plays, my roommate and his brother plays we all have 60s and started a guild. The game is also better to just chill on vent and go on drunken instance runs, like tonight for example. As long as the group is all either drinking or knows everyone is its a fun time.