Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I

get a lawyer. someone mentioned it earlier, but if the blood test comes back really low, you are actually screwed. some states allow two tests to see if the BAC was rising or falling to more accurately depict what it was during the accident. hopefully you did not say or take any other tests for the officer. i was arrested for dui in south carolina, but my lawyer was able to use some obscure part of the law to void the breathalyzer results. my entire first trial was thrown out, and the state decided to deal. i took a reckless driving, but probably could have gotten off scot-free. my situation dictated that i couldnt risk the loss of license at the time.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone mentioned it earlier, but if the blood test comes back really low, you are actually screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]
so what should he hope for?
Old 07-29-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick!

Welcome back to OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. With the new baby I havent had as much free time as I had become accustomed to, and spent most of my time recently in the MTT forum working on my game.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:10 PM

Rick Diesel -

I am a 24 year old male, and I do not drink at all. I still have a very active social life, many friends, blah blah blah. For one, I don't need it to have fun, two it doesn't taste all too great to me.

Any decent friend won't care if you decide to stop drinking. My advice to you is just to give it up, and see if the quality of your life goes down. My guess is it will not. It's one of those things that, IMO, is just not "worth it."

Good luck man.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:29 PM

You made a very bad decision, and you deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law.

That said, I really hope everything turns out well for you. I also think you have the right attitude about the whole thing and it sucks that you have to go through this.

I don't think you need to stop drinking just based on this. I think your decision was more a result of there not being enough of a social stigma on drunk driving than of your being drunk. Judging by your post, I'm pretty sure you won't make this mistake again.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rick Diesel -

I am a 24 year old male, and I do not drink at all. I still have a very active social life, many friends, blah blah blah. For one, I don't need it to have fun, two it doesn't taste all too great to me.

Any decent friend won't care if you decide to stop drinking. My advice to you is just to give it up, and see if the quality of your life goes down. My guess is it will not. It's one of those things that, IMO, is just not "worth it."

Good luck man.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post - while not saying anything incorrect - is not at all what i would consider the best advice. if you think you would be tempted to drive under the influence again, or there's a chance you would do it because it was easier than the alternatives - then it's good advice...

however, i haven't driven under the influence in many years & i still get to enjoy a drink or four on nights when so desired.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:10 PM

Rick, I don't know what state your in or what their policy on leniency is, but I know a guy who got a DUI and like you was freaked out about losing the ability to drive to work and back. He goes in front of the judge and explained that his job required him to drive (ie, the public bus system couldn't work for him)and it would be a hardship to his family if he couldn't perform work duties. The judge suspended his liscence for a year but gave him an exception for work (I don't remember what they called it). Hopefully you won't need this info, but its something to look into if you get bad news.

Glad no one was hurt.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:18 PM

work permits are pretty standard for everyone I've known who's gotton a dui, but nobody i've known was able to get one right away, they all had to be without a liscence for a while, and then could get the permit.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:09 PM

Just become a poker pro if you lose your license...problem solved.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Most likely got a DUI last night, tell me how big of an a**hole I am

I recommend never having a single drink and getting behind the wheel of a car. Also, if you get your liscense suspended, just ignore it. This is way way way +ev unless you suck at driving and have a sign on your car that says "all cops are pigs"