Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Default ISO LAG - Did I chase on the flop?

Villian is pretty laggy - 28/19/2 I've been in a couple hands and been able to get him to lay down hands when I play back at him.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls.

<font color="blue"> Pretty standard on flop I think. Good hand decent position and probably get to ISO LAG. </font>

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Pretty boring flop and this guy has folded to me a couple times already so I CB. The CR tells me I'm probably in trouble, but made a loose call since he's a little laggy and I didn't want to fold on the same round. Planning to fold the turn UI. </font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> The turn helps me a little. I pick up a gutshot with my two overs. Gives me just enough odds to call (7 outs needs 5.6:1 - I'm getting 5.75, plus I probably get at least 1 more bet on river). </font>

After I typed this up it looks pretty basic, but I'm not 100% on the flop decision. Plus I promised myself I'd make my first hand post this morning.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 AM

Default Re: ISO LAG - Did I chase on the flop?

It looks like your laggy opponent caught part of this flop, and decided to trap you with a check/raise after your agressive play in earlier hands.

Nonetheless, you had a backdoor flush draw and backdoor straight draw to accompany your overcards. So I think that getting 8.5:1, calling the flop raise was fine.

I also think that your turn call was fine, after you picked up your gut-shot to go with your overcards.

In fact, I would value your overcards as nearly full outs as you have only one opponent.

Nice hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 AM

*grunch*

Your choice on the flop is go for steal or go for free card.

This guy knows you haven't hit that flop so a steal attempt by you is a perfect time to put you to the test. You needed to 3 bet the flop and now put it back on him.

I prefer the free card play against that guy. The turn now becomes a simple fold to a bet.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 PM

Looks good to me
Old 07-29-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact, I would value your overcards as nearly full outs as you have only one opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that we have to discount our OCs somewhat, just for the possibility that we can hit them and still lose.