Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: set fold vs josh

[ QUOTE ]
i hate to give clues as to what i did or did not have, but i think flat calling the flop raise with a set is really awful

[/ QUOTE ]
you're wrong
Old 07-28-2006, 05:17 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
i hate to give clues as to what i did or did not have, but i think flat calling the flop raise with a set is really awful

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, I would never do it vs. donk, 2+2er, or anyone in between, but it seems like you guys like to mix it up against each other sometimes.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you're wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

and let the 2 guys in the middle get decent odds? and leave myself out of position?
Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 PM

Decent odds for what? If they all have draws they're taking each others outs, and you're still a favorite over all of them even if all 4 are in the pot. A, 5, and 6 are the only cards you hate to see. Plus, no one would ever think you had a set playing it this way - though you'd be repping the straight.

Not a line I'd use often, but it's not terrible either.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 PM

you're deep enough that there is still room to play. this is exactly like a set on a single suited flop. you do not want to play a huge pot on the flop in a limped pot. you want to see the turn.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i like your analysis though you don't mention what i think phil has when he calls the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you'd have to put him on a decent draw or a medium PP (hence his flop raise).
Old 07-28-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Decent odds for what? If they all have draws they're taking each others outs, and you're still a favorite over all of them even if all 4 are in the pot. A, 5, and 6 are the only cards you hate to see. Plus, no one would ever think you had a set playing it this way - though you'd be repping the straight.

Not a line I'd use often, but it's not terrible either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't remember how those guys play, but considering they limped then called, i'm assuming they're bad. a bad player is calling any flush draw or any oesd. and what do you mean by taking each other's outs? i would expect 1 of them to usually call with one of these types of draws, and i don't think phil has a draw too often. plus even if a middle caller has no draw, it still makes the hand harder to play correctly if a scary card comes off
Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh I can't put you on a hand. If you had the missed NF draw would you push the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that josh bluffs the NFD here because every combo draw missed on the turn and river and thus, if i have a made hand, it looks pretty good. i think that the ONLY hand that im folding that i would have gotten to the river are 35d and 45.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're deep enough that there is still room to play. this is exactly like a set on a single suited flop. you do not want to play a huge pot on the flop in a limped pot. you want to see the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop giving away these things. sets are invulnerable and any action aside from bet or raise on the flop means you are a pansy.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Josh I can't put you on a hand. If you had the missed NF draw would you push the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that josh bluffs the NFD here because every combo draw missed on the turn and river and thus, if i have a made hand, it looks pretty good. i think that the ONLY hand that im folding that i would have gotten to the river are 35d and 56.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love how you keep saying 56. In my book 56 makes the nuts.