Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 04:19 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1A Sweat

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it is accurate, but at the top of the CP recaps:

PLAYERS LEFT: 2,479

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds about right--I think they were expecting around 2,500 for today.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players to Use All-In Button

Players each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiency.

Interesting

[/ QUOTE ]
Was I the only one who initially read this as being an actual button (i.e. something you'd press)?

I had high hopes of a game-show like plunger. Preferably the one from Scrabble.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:20 PM

How do alternates work in the Main Event? Do they take the seat of someone who doesnt show up, or fill in the open seats as people bust out in the first level?

Some other thing?

T
Old 07-28-2006, 04:20 PM

Chip Leader: 1. Jean Gluck 18,750
Old 07-28-2006, 04:21 PM

OOPS

Quads vs. 2nd Nuts
Ryan Fisler re-raises his opponent all-in on a board of 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. His opponent quickly calls and flips over 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], for the second nuts, a full house, 10's over 8's. Fisler then flips over 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for quad 7's. Not only is his opponent in shock, but now he's left with only $900 in chips. After this hand, Fisler is sitting with roughly $16,000.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:22 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Players to Use All-In Button

Players each have an all-in button to use for their all-ins rather than having to push all $10,000 of their chips into the middle. This is the first time the World Series of Poker has implemented such a device to improve efficiency.

Interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

The button is no bigger than the chips, to ensure at least one dope is going to toss it in accidentally.

How is $18K leading this...I am sure a few people have busted by now, so someone has got to be over $20K...everyone that busted someone has lost a pot to fall back below $20K already?

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it is accurate, but at the top of the CP recaps:

PLAYERS LEFT: 2,479

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been at 2479 for about 20 minutes or so, so I'm sure there's more like 2450
Old 07-28-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL DONKAMENTS

All-In Called with 8-High
On a flop of 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Tim Rod bets $300 and his opponent raises to $600. Rod calls and the turn puts the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the board. Rod again bets out with $1,500 and is again raised by his opponent to $4,000. Rod calls and the river puts the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the board. Rod pushes all-in and his opponent immediately calls. Rod flips up K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a turned flush. His opponent says, "Do I have a straight flush? Oh, no I don't" as he shows 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for 8-high.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the chip dumping begins... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is $18K leading this...I am sure a few people have busted by now, so someone has got to be over $20K...everyone that busted someone has lost a pot to fall back below $20K already?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely people above 20k, but does Cardplayer have enough people to cover the whole room to know all the chip counts? Doubtful.

From PocketFives.com...
[ QUOTE ]
Duff just called and he is moving chips early. He fell down to $7500 when he called a raise with deuces.

The board came Q 4 2 with two clubs and he checked. With a bet and a call behind him he just smooth calls. The turn was an offsuit Ace which somebody liked because Duff bet out and was raised with another call from the third player.

Duff pushes and there is a quick call from the raiser, the third man thinks it through and makes a crying call with his flush draw.

The river comes a blank and the set of deuces holds up and he is up to $25,000!

[/ QUOTE ]