Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   WSOP Main Event Day 1A Sweat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172430)

Lloyd 07-27-2006 06:03 PM

WSOP Main Event Day 1A Sweat

Good luck all those playing.

Edit: I'll be on a plane (for Vegas) when things kick off tomorrow so I've created this thread early. Like other "FAQ"-type threads you'll find it linked to at the top. Any discussion concerning Day 1A players and plays should go in this thread. Subsequent threads will be created for future days.

Assani Fisher 07-27-2006 11:36 PM

Re: WSOP Main Event Day 1A Sweat

I'll be playing on Day 1A. GL to all other 2+2ers playing.

gcDanno 07-28-2006 01:30 AM

i'm Day 1A now as well. Of course, up until i received my official registration card, i thought i was day 1B. I have an email saying i'm day 1B, but now it's day 1A. Thank goodness i picked up my registration on 7/26.

good luck 2+2
gc

ridonkulous 07-28-2006 01:31 AM

Good Luck everyone.

JackOfSpeed 07-28-2006 02:59 AM

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...scared! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

DVaut1 07-28-2006 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm Day 1A now as well. Of course, up until i received my official registration card, i thought i was day 1B. I have an email saying i'm day 1B, but now it's day 1A. Thank goodness i picked up my registration on 7/26.

good luck 2+2
gc

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'm supposed to be playing on 1D but not getting to town until Saturday, this worries me a bit.

07-28-2006 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...scared! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This never gets old. Love it.

MicroBob 07-28-2006 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

good luck 2+2
gc

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'm supposed to be playing on 1D but not getting to town until Saturday, this worries me a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I would be VERY worried. This seems to be going around a bit (couple other threads) and it now seems obvious to me that some players will arrive for Day 1C or 1D just as they were told, only to learn that they've already been blinded-out on day 1A or 1B.

just when you thought Harrah's couldn't find a stupider way to screw up their own tournament, they now are changing some players' start-days from what they were originally told (and, in some cases, aren't even informing the players they've been changed).

This is going to be a big freaking disaster.

DVaut1 07-28-2006 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

good luck 2+2
gc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were you, I would be VERY worried. This seems to be going around a bit (couple other threads) and it now seems obvious to me that some players will arrive for Day 1C or 1D just as they were told, only to learn that they've already been blinded-out on day 1A or 1B.

just when you thought Harrah's couldn't find a stupider way to screw up their own tournament, they now are changing some players' start-days from what they were originally told (and, in some cases, aren't even informing the players they've been changed).

This is going to be a big freaking disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, for what it's worth, I got my email at the end of May saying I started on Day 1D. I called up Harrah's later that week (around the 1st of June) to confirm that date. They said the email was correct, and my first day was 1D. However, just to be safe, earlier this week (after reading stories on here days were being changed without notice) I called again to confirm my starting day. They again said it would be 1D. I assume an email and two phone calls are enough confirmation, although I can't do much to substantiate the phone calls. I have a print-out of the email and plan on bringing that with me.

At this point, my hands are a bit tied. If I get to the registration desk tomorrow and they say my actual day was 1A and I've been blinded out, my first step is to call the Nevada Gaming Commission. I would suggest if this happens to anyone else, they do the same. If you qualified through an internet site, try to get the representatives of the site you qualified for involved as well, as they may (or may not) have some sort of paper trail. If all of that fails, I'm finding every media member in the room and begging them to publish my story -- and I'll be letting Harrah's know of my intent to do that. I'm not sure there's anything more I can do now. I'm not *that* worried about it, though.

Here's my guess and my hope as to what happened (and this is just mere speculation):

1) Harrah's allowed players to choose their own day, but failed to monitor the situation, and let one day become severly underpopulated.
2) To correct for this, they're changing the starting days of players -- my hope is that they're only changing the days of those have shown up early to finalize their registration (which is still unscrupulous, but Harrah's knows that if the player is already in town, they might not pitch a *huge* fit if their starting day is changed, as opposed to someone like me, who will cause a scene if I found out my day was changed to 1A without notice, and I've now been blinded out).

sarked 07-28-2006 08:59 AM

When time does this come on TV? and what days?