Old 07-27-2006, 05:58 AM

Default 150-3 UB

3 limpers, hero raises on button with AA

BB and limpers call

flop 10-10-6 rainbow

first limper bets, second calls hero calls on button

3 to the turn

turn 9 spades, making 2 spades on board of 10-10-9-6

first limper bets, second calls, you ...
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 AM

Default Re: 150-3 UB

I can't see that the second limper could possible have a ten, because he would have raised somewhere. The first limper probably has some kind of pocket pair more than a ten here. The gutshot straight isn't a worry so raise those aces for value.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:35 AM

Is the first limper good or bad, IMO that makes a big difference and raising the flop seems better to me.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:09 PM

Looks like a raise to me. Is 3 limpers common in this game?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:35 PM

I don't see why you would just call the flop unless you were planning on raising the turn.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you would just call the flop unless you were planning on raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. I think you need to be raising one of these two streets here, and I would lean towards the turn, as your bet could easily be Ace high or a medium to low pocket pair trying to get to a free showdown.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:22 PM

The first leader is a bad playerd and leads a lot of crap on the flop. Assume the second limper is expert. Three players are trying to tell me that raising the turn is bad and I don't believe them.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:44 PM

but in hindsight, i dont see why the player in the middle of the two would flat call with a 10 on the turn, assuming our hero here has something in the AK-AJ & 77-AA range, he may have bet the flop as a standard play anyway.. so assuming the player flat calling in between two opponents doesnt have a monster or a draw, i dont see why you wouldnt raise the turn and then possibly fold to a 3-bet.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:47 PM

right, i think he raises the turn unless he is positive our hero is going to continue with his hand, then he gains extra value because he is pretty sure our hero is not on a draw. so assuming for him (if he has a 10) he is correct to let the guy before him draw, and gain the extra bet from hero, instead of raising to gain the same result from the other opponent.. also setting up for extra bets incase the hero has AK and a K comes on the river.. he could gain one extra bet.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Raising here looks like a losing proposition because it SEEMS that you are alreay crushed, drawing to your two other aces -- if you raise, you might get reraised, thus making life suck - People love to limp with JT and T9.

Then again, many people would check top set on that flop and bet a pair of 6's; the call from the second limper has to make you wonder, but he may be suspected the same thing with pocket 88's or any high cards, really.

It depends on the playing style of the two opponents. I would either (a) raise the turn and fold to a reraise or (b) call the turn, see what develops.

WHY NOT RAISE THE FLOP AND HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT'S UP? You'll either take the pot or slow down the set thinking he can check-raise you on the turn, where you can take a free card...

Tough decision --