Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Remembering 2005

Played Day 1c with Huck Seed and Roco Meadiate finished with 66k. Day 2 played with Brian Haverson ended with 120k. Day 3 butsed out 500th...blinds 1000-2000 I have around 110k open on button with KcJc...BB covers and calls..flop QcTc7d...we get it all in he has Q8 I brick out. not playing this year.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:16 PM

nothing eventful (i only had to show my hand once and thats when i busted someones nut flush with a flopped straight flush, other hands i took down without showdown) really i was staying about average chip stack until end of day 2 when i picked up AA in BB, guy raised from button (with KQos) i call, flop comes A 7 2 rainbow, i check, he bets, i raise, he raises, i go all in, he calls, turn J, river 10

this was the last hand of day 2 so i started day 3 in the small blind with barely enough for ante + small blind and 9 away from the money

first hand of day 3 i'm basically all in (i had 1k left after posting/ante which was just enough to match the big blind), but something miraculuous happens the BB didn't show up on time, and it was folded to me in the SB so i picked up his blind + all the antes

only to go out the next hand with A9 vs A10 8 from the money

the annoying thing was it took almost an hour for those two hands cause doing hand for hand on 60 tables takes forever

i thought making it that far and so close to the money would at least get my name in cardplayer updates, but instead i was just one of the two who busted before the money - no names [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i played day 1a and i don't know who anyone is (outside of the super popular ones) so i'm not sure if i played with any pros.

this year i won a seat but i don't think i can make it due to my job (i started a film production company in 2002 and we blew up this year and have too much work to handle [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )
Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was staying about average chip stack until end of day 2 when i picked up AA in BB, guy raised from button (with KQos) i call, flop comes A 7 2 rainbow, i check, he bets, i raise, he raises, i go all in, he calls, turn J, river 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, I'm not sure if I'd ever want to play poker again after something like that happened to me in the WSOP. Damn that's a horrible beat, especially considering how close you came to making the money. What the hell was he doing calling your final push there with nothing after 4 raises? I don't get how this guy made it until the end of day 2. Weird stuff and sh!tty break.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:08 PM

-what day did you play on? Day 1.
-who was at your table? Prahlad Friedman and a bunch of Pokerstars qualifiers. One was another 2+2er at my table, who only posts occasionally. scottfj08 or something along that.

Fischman was one table behind me. Chan one diagonally (and Microbob of course). Harmon would have been next to me, but was moved to the TV table. And of course, Shannon Elizabeth 2 tables over, who I managed to follow behind to get back into the room after breaks (easily cleared the crowd).
-what was your highest chip count? About 16k
-what was your bustout hand? KJo, I was down to about 5k, blinds were getting higher, and I pushed after a loose player raised in early position. Player on my left who had played 3 hands all day insta-called. He has aces. Flop is QTx, but no help.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was staying about average chip stack until end of day 2 when i picked up AA in BB, guy raised from button (with KQos) i call, flop comes A 7 2 rainbow, i check, he bets, i raise, he raises, i go all in, he calls, turn J, river 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, I'm not sure if I'd ever want to play poker again after something like that happened to me in the WSOP. Damn that's a horrible beat, especially considering how close you came to making the money. What the hell was he doing calling your final push there with nothing after 4 raises? I don't get how this guy made it until the end of day 2. Weird stuff and sh!tty break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem was he came to the table about 2 hours ago and in those 2 hours I pushed him off of 4 different hands and I made the mistake of showing him the bluff once (it wasn't on purpose i tossed my cards recklessly towards the muck and of course they hit something and turn over) and he got pretty pissed (claimed he laid down bottom set).

So I guess he was steaming + thought I was bluffing him again and then bam.

After it I was pretty pissed and was ready to go home on the next flight available but I couldn't get any flights back to Jersey so I came back for Day 3.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:27 PM

I played on day two.

Erin Ness and Tommy Vu (tough LAG who ended up getting 17th or so.) Tommy was directly on my left and made it a very difficult tournament for me. I was very inexperienced at big buyins, live poker, and deep stack NL back then.. I am much more prepared and comfortable this year.

I also busted Erin Ness w/ AA vs AQ.

I think I had 15k at my high point.

bust hand
Old 07-27-2006, 08:09 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Played Day 1c with Huck Seed and Roco Meadiate finished with 66k. Day 2 played with Brian Haverson ended with 120k. Day 3 butsed out 500th...blinds 1000-2000 I have around 110k open on button with KcJc...BB covers and calls..flop QcTc7d...we get it all in he has Q8 I brick out. not playing this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell did the guy with Q8 get it all in?
Old 07-27-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell did the guy with Q8 get it all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top pair 8 kicker? Check-raise, obviously.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 08:34 PM

-what day did you play on?
-who was at your table?
-what was your highest chip count?
-what was your bustout hand?

I played on Day 1C
Arnold Spee was three to my left, David Benyamine was two to his left.
My highest chip count was somewhere around 12,750.
My bustout hand came with AcKc against a card rack's 77. I was hurt quite badly when Arnold Spee put 7k in postflop on a T65 flop. I had J5 (Kramer, you were saying about Q8 getting it in with top pair?). Turn K.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:05 AM

late in day 2, had about 50,000, reraised to 12,000 with qq, was reraised all-in by guy with 150,000, called...he had AK. He flopped a K and I was gone...