Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Middle Limit Holdem Hand of the Day on CP website 1/20

I am sure that Ciaffone and Brier are great players and all but is the hand of the day today just terrible advice or what? They advise you to fold AK on a QJJ 2-suited (hearts) flop for one bet when the pot is laying you 14-1 and your call closes the action. Even just drawing to the three non-heart tens gives you three outs and 14.7-1 flop to turn odds. That is crap advice, I'm sorry. Your against two players who have shown strength in the hand making more likely you will be able to raise or check-raise a bet in order to cover your slight shortfall as far as the odds go. What do you all think? And what is with not re-raising with AK before the flop anyway? If this hand has been discussed b4, feel free to flame me. Can't believe it has escaped the notice of this community.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Middle Limit Holdem Hand of the Day on CP website 1/20

There are literally dozens of threads on the book. Most people here feel that the advice is on the weak-tight side - atleast partially due to the fact that the average player is much worse now than when MLH was written.