Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 02:58 PM

Default AT on Satellite Bubble

This hand is from an EPT satelite satelite on Stars. Nine players are left, seven get $450 seats, 8th place pays around $250.

Blinds are 600/1200/100. I'm in the big blind with 10k chips, I'm the short stack, but there are three other stacks near me, with 11k, 13k, and 14k respectively. In addition a couple of the big stacks are donks.

It is folded to the button with 11k who pushes. His pushing range is huge, at least 50% maybe even more. I have ATo. Do you call or fold? If I win I don't have to play another hand, if I lose I'm out. If I wasn't the short stack this would be a clear fold, but here I'm not sure.

There is a chance that I may get in without playing another hand despite being the short stack due to the donks at the table, would you call here, or wait and see what happens?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: AT on Satellite Bubble

If I'm the big stack on the table, it's an easy call. As the first to enter the pot, it's an easy push. But here, it's an easy fold. You need "first-in vigorish".
Old 07-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Easy fold, this is a sat.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:31 PM

Yeah, I agree, there's nothing to be gained by finishing 1st over 7th, and there's too many hands that win, and not enouggh advantage over those that don't. Fold this hand.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm the big stack on the table, it's an easy call. As the first to enter the pot, it's an easy push. But here, it's an easy fold. You need "first-in vigorish".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't call this with a big stack... but I agree in this case it's an easy fold.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't call this with a big stack... but I agree in this case it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - it depends on my M vs the table M - just how big a big stack I have. But as a big leader, I'd call with impunity and get this thing over with.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point - it depends on my M vs the table M - just how big a big stack I have. But as a big leader, I'd call with impunity and get this thing over with.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. If you want it to end, just walk away and go do what you have to do. But if you're the big stack and can fold into a seat, you do it.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is wrong. If you want it to end, just walk away and go do what you have to do. But if you're the big stack and can fold into a seat, you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just became an even better satellite player.