Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Once...Twice....Three times a donkey?

Villian's stats are very fishy: 43/0/1.3. Don't have a real specific read other than I've noticed him along for the ride in a lot of pots

Not sure if I've ever had someone donk me 3 times before and wanted to see if others would have played this the same as me. Would especially love to see what people would do on the river.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero.....
Old 07-27-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Once...Twice....Three times a donkey?

Might as well raise again. This guy looks stupid enough to call plenty of times with a worse hand.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 PM

If he's "along for the ride" most of the time and now he's betting, he probably has a pretty good hand! Hope he shows you 84 for the counterfeited 2 pair [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 02:03 PM

A VPIP of 43 and AF of 1.3 doesn't sound like someone that is a long for the ride a lot.

The triple donk indicates he has something. Whether that something is K8, 34, flush, 89, 22 or what I'm not sure without a read on what he has donked with before. Without a read I think I call and then take good notes.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Without a read beyond his stats, I think I'm going to call on the river after a third donk. The flop and turn raises I think are fine, you certainly have the equity, but by the river, I'm starting to get worried he has trips, the flush, or a set. He may also have two-pair, but without a read, I can't be too sure. Call and hope for the best.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:25 PM

I would have called the turn and river bet.

Its possible that SB was donking the turn, when a scare card that paired the board and made 3 cards to a flush fell.

However, its also possible that SB made the flush, and raising will cost you more to see a showdown.

Generally speaking, I think that players are more likely to have a strong hand when they bet as opposed to call.

Anyway the K overcard would not stop me from calling on the river, if you were concerned about that. I think its unlikely that the K would have improved your opponents hand.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:35 PM

What the heck do you donk bet 3 times with and don't re-raise? Some people just amaze me.

Have you seen this guy bluff a lot at pots before? Or bet out small holdings vs a PFR? I'm thinking I'm just calling the river donk. I'm guessing he has some of the flop, real question is how little. K, flush or 3 all beat you. I'm hoping he's betting an 8 or Ace of clubs/8.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That turn card sucks in a few different ways.

Are you calling down or folding to a 3-bet on this turn?
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 PM

just call the river... I get this so much, i re raise safe card on river tho
Old 07-27-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That turn card sucks in a few different ways.

Are you calling down or folding to a 3-bet on this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not have raised my opponent's turn bet. I would have called down instead.

If I had raised my opponent's turn bet, then I would have folded to a 3-bet.