Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 08:13 AM

Default How to use PAHUD stats??

Hi,

Recently started using PAHUD and it's cool :-)

I'm using the crypto skin made by fenhir and it's ace. Thanks very much.

Anyways - onto the post.

After the first couple of days of not really understanding what all the numbers meant I'm starting to get to grips with it. My question is tho - are there any guides around how to play against people with different stats?

For example - if they're super tight - I know what to do, similar with super aggro (although I still need to work on this). Bit what about really loose passive? Can you ever bet them off a hand? Can you determine this from the stats or is there really no substitute for actually paying attention :-p

One interesting example I came across was someone who was 80/14/1.7 across about 80 ~ 100 hands.

Obviously playing WAAAAAAAY too many hands - but the PFR is about the right value... Do I take this to mean when he raises he has the goods? Or might this just be raising at random which happened to be about the right amount?

Bascially - if anyone could direct me to some good posts on this (couldn't find one when I searched) or if there isn't one could we start one :-)

Thanks in advance

Tom
Old 07-27-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: How to use PAHUD stats??

VPIP and PFR are preflop stats and they don't necessarily correlate to postflop behavior. Trusting them for that will hurt you.

Aggression factor and other postflop stats will not be meaningful after only 80-100 hands. These stats take several hundred hands to converge. With a couple of hundred hands or a little less, the only post flop stats that will come in useful are bet flop, bet turn, fold flop to bet, raise flop, check-raise flop and went to showdown.

(If you want to use fewer stats flop aggression frequency, bet turn and went to showdown is a good basic triple set that will work well with only 150 hands or so)
Old 07-27-2006, 09:12 AM

Default Re: How to use PAHUD stats??

Stats will only give you a general feeling about the player. you still need to observe closely what cards he is bringing to showdown and how he played his hand...Then you can exploit his behaviors.

And when I meet a 80/14/1.7, i'm definately not assuming his 14% PFR reflects the best 14% hands. Those players are usually very disorganized. I wouldn't be surprise to see him raising most suited cards and limpin aces...

One useful thing : stats will tell you pretty fast if you're sitting at a nice table...

.fs.