Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Flush Draw OOP Makes It On The Turn

Another 2p2er was sweating me & asked me to post this hand.

I have very definite feelings about how I played this hand. You decide. I'll post what my opinion is later. I have thoughts on every street, so they are all open.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.10
UTG+1: $91.35 The insane LAG ferom my earlier post
CO: $54.75
Button: $33.65
SB: $68.90 30/5/0.3 over ~150 hands
Grunch: $90.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Grunch is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $0.85</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Grunch raises to $4.25</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($13.6, 3 players)
SB checks, Grunch checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($13.6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Grunch raises to $37.6</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $64.65</font>, Grunch ... ?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Flush Draw OOP Makes It On The Turn

I don't like the re-raise preflop. Out of position on this maniac with a hand like this...I just call and take a flop for a decent price. It's impossible to out-aggress these freaks (lol), and he's going to call your re-raise most likely, so to avoid creating a big pot OOP with King high, I smooth call.

As far as how it's been played so far....

Flop: Check/call a bet from super maniac

Turn: This hand just turned interesting with SB leading for $8. I would have raised it to right around $24-25ish for value....when SB re-raises all in alarm bells would go off in my head. From the pre-flop action (SB calling after seeing raise and BIG re-raise preflop), I would squarely put SB on a pocket pair hoping to flop a set. Looks like he's got 99 or 66 here. I'd muck my hand after SB goes all in (assuming I had bet $24-25 instead of your $37.6). Here you're getting right around 2:1 odds to call if I calculated correctly, so....I think you're stuck here and have to call.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:41 AM

Yuck. SB reraise pushing the turn here screams strength to me and if I'm playing well I fold there. I wouldn't make the PF reraise but I understand why you did. I'd check the flop too. Maybe I raise the turn slightly less but I doubt it would have made a difference in this hand.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 AM

I dont like the reraise at this level.

I am betting on the flop.

Im calling but only because you comitten yourself with that raise. If you make it 25 and he pushes, you can fold i think, but theres only 27 more to call here to win 140 or whatever.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:38 AM

Preflop, this is a silly and wantonly aggro move IMO.

You compound it up with a bad/scared move on the flop.

Then you commit yourself to a 700BB pot with the umpteenth nuts.

Ouch...
Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 AM

I don't like reraising preflop. He is a LAG, let him blow off some agression and get himself into trouble. You are going to be OOP with hand that needs to improve a large portion of the time.

As for the flop, once you have showed huge strength from 3-betting OOP preflop, you really need to bet this. Plenty of hands will be unable to make your call, and you can take down this rather large pot. If you are called, you still have huge equity.

Turn seems like an easy raise, as you are looking for value, as well as protection against full houses. The 3-bet from the loose passive SB looks like he has you beat, but your pot odds are just so great at this time, that you have to hope he was overplaying A8, or a lower flush draw. I think you are good at least 1 in 4.

Edit: I think your turn raise might be a bit too much. There still are a bunch of hands that beat you, and they will shove often when you are beat, allowing you to fold with better pot odds (by that I mean that you will be offered weaker odds to call, so you won't feel bad about folding). Similarly, a lot of weaker hands will be more likely to call your raise if it is a bit smaller.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 AM

I would bet the flop every time. Things look grim on the turn but your raise was so large that I think you've committed yourself to calling his push. I would expect to be shown 99 here.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:50 AM

didnt see yoru last post, but if hes a maniac i see no problem reraising kqs here, id probly do the same, id also bet the flop looking to 3 bet all in.

as played i wouldnt ever fold this here, if hes a maniac his range is so much greater than a boat.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as played i wouldnt ever fold this here, if hes a maniac his range is so much greater than a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the main villain is a LP with an AF of 0.3.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:58 AM

rr pre is meh. i dont like but i dont hate. why the flop check? did you want UTG+1 to bet, the other guy call then you put in the killer raise?. i dont like that. your repping a big pair, so go ahead and bet 10 or so on the flop....turn rr from sb sucks, but i think i pay it off.