Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Norm Chad Keep It Up

I really like the espn broad casters, clear voices and entertaining. The wpt's isn't very exciting, but i'd still watch it whenever i can. I do miss shana hiatt though =[.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:34 AM

Norm is head-and-shoulders above the team of Vince & Mike. This ain't life and death, it's poker. Chad's does make me chuckle once in a while, but more importantly, he calls out the guys that are either acting like dick's, or playing like them. The more I watch and learn about poker, the more I appreciate Chad's commentary.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I for one love the ESPN sportswriter shows. PTI, ATH, Sports Reporters, you name it. Anything that doesn't feature Stephen A. Smith, I'll watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean that I'm-from-the-hood cocksure swagger doesn't do it for you?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:05 AM

You have point. And yes, they are both guilty of hand based analysis once in a while. I remember that Antonio hand, gotta laugh at your hypothetical Chad commentary, lol. However, Kaplan is sometimes guilty as well by cheesily mocking the amateur players at the HSP (chammanara's KJ trip Jacks vs Mizrachi's set hand comes to mind).

Can we just agree that VVP's commentary is the absolute in poker? Mark Seif's PPT commentary is also a whole other story....

Points well taken, and I do agree with you wholeheartedly based on previous WSOP ME commentary, but I still think he's upped his game with the USPC tourney.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about ATH being the less sophisticated one. There are a few guys on there (Michael Smith, Mariotti, Bob Ryan) who are just as good as, if not better than, Kornheiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mariotti is horrendous. His analysis is always knee-jerk and superficial. I don't ever hear anything from him that goes beyond surface-level small talk.

I do enjoy Michael Smith and Bob Ryan, as well as Tim Cowlishaw (my favorite).
Old 07-27-2006, 10:44 AM

I love chad, he repites himself alot but still he comes up with something new all the time that makes me laugh.