Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Simple AQ hand

With two overs, I'm not sure if 99-JJ will call even a small value bet. If he has a weak king, he calls. If he has a monster, we've just re-opened the betting and he's going to raise. I'm not sure the small value bet is worth re-opening in this spot, but I'm as nitty as they come.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With two overs, I'm not sure if 99-JJ will call even a small value bet. If he has a weak king, he calls. If he has a monster, we've just re-opened the betting and he's going to raise. I'm not sure the small value bet is worth re-opening in this spot, but I'm as nitty as they come.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, 99-JJ will definitely call. Not valuebetting here is a big leak.Why do you care about reopening the betting, you're not going to get bluff raised here.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure the small value bet is worth re-opening in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't find a value bet here, or at least a burning desire to valuebet this river, you have a big leak. BIG. This is where much of the profit comes from in NLHE. River VBs like this.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, 99-JJ will definitely call. Not valuebetting here is a big leak.Why do you care about reopening the betting, you're not going to get bluff raised here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus this is a pretty weirdly played weak king. Why does he lead into the pf raiser with air, then bet only 1/3 pot when he actually hits his hand?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't find a value bet here, or at least a burning desire to valuebet this river, you have a big leak. BIG. This is where much of the profit comes from in NLHE. River VBs like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
At first I thought $15 was about right. But then I thought AJ had some hidden meaning to the post. I'm reading into it too much. Villain is weak.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus this is a pretty weirdly played weak king. Why does he lead into the pf raiser with air, then bet only 1/3 pot when he actually hits his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Opposite man?!
Old 07-26-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 41BB pot with 2nd pair top picker is big enough - check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

terrible thought process. Bet for sure here.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Eh, depends on villain, but with no reads, I like the call on the flop. Raising the flop isn't really going to do much for you. If he calls, he still could have a set. If he raises, do you fold? Plus raising the flop will prob chase away Q/x hands, which you want to be giving you more action on the turn. IMO, a raise will only scare away hands you beat.

I like the turn call, because its a small BS bet, and he is probably scared of the King also. River.. I'm kind of torn on this one. He is probably still calling a river bet with Q/x because your bet probably looks at a bluff, but at the same time betting will give him a chance to raise you, which you can't call.

I personally probably bet this river for 1/2 the pot or so, hoping to get called by Q/x. If raised big, I will curse, think for 10 seconds, and probably fold.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM

It looks like the villian has a pocket pair (JJ, TT) that didn't set. I check because of the king on the turn.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this. "Value betting is the most important part of NL poker,etc" I'm sure that holds true, cuz uhh... value = money right? Anyway, if would be cool if someone started a post about what "value betting" actually is and why it is so important to your winrate at SSNL.

Knowing when to value bet and when to excersise pot control = key to poker ?