Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM

Default Re: 55 6 Man Bubble - AK vs. loose player, flopped top pair

this is a raise pf, bigger raise on the flop and instipush all-in to the reraise.

PF raise- have to raise AK 3 handed unless you are going for a trop the whole hand- in which case you should let us know that.

flop- i'd bet the pot here definately commits the small stack if he calls and i'm not worried about gettng all my chips in when i flop TPTK w/AK and checked pf so a lot of opponents would call with a worse A here.

instipush facing reraise- in this situation unless i have a read i think your hand is hidden enough in value to go against the villain who could have any two cards based on your read and could easily be betting out a pair of fives or air trying to get you to fold this pot because it is a pivotal point for stack sizes (if he didn't already have control before this hand he will after the chip exchange he has you 3:2 if he wins) and in a lot of cases he'd get to push you around til the small stack exits the tournament if he can get this hand under his belt.

dm
Old 07-26-2006, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

flop- i'd bet the pot here definately commits the small stack if he calls and i'm not worried about gettng all my chips in when i flop TPTK w/AK and checked pf so a lot of opponents would call with a worse A here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against three opponents, maybe so. Against two, I'm not sure a pot-sized bet is the best thing. I agree he needs to bet more, but I think a pot-sized bet just doesn't extract enough value from the hand. 250-300 is fine for this flop. Why do you want to commit the small stack if he calls? What you're wanting is for someone to push over the top of you with a smaller ace or a draw where you're a clear favorite.

If it were REALLY the bubble, I'd advocate differently. But it's not. You're still fighting for chips and chip leadership so that when the REAL bubble hits, you can pwn your way to first.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 PM

If I'm the button, there's no way I think you have AK on the river.

Isn't it possible that he has 77 or 88, or something like A8 or A9? Or even that his bet is a total bluff? I think you should've called the river.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against two, I'm not sure a pot-sized bet is the best thing. I agree he needs to bet more, but I think a pot-sized bet just doesn't extract enough value from the hand. 250-300 is fine for this flop. Why do you want to commit the small stack if he calls? What you're wanting is for someone to push over the top of you with a smaller ace or a draw where you're a clear favorite.

If it were REALLY the bubble, I'd advocate differently. But it's not. You're still fighting for chips and chip leadership so that when the REAL bubble hits, you can pwn your way to first.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) The small stack wasn't even in the hand!

2) THIS IS THE BUBBLE!